Change aspect ratio for a video

Hi! I have a video on my page that is a screen recording from an iphone but due to the fixed aspect ratio, the text on the video is too hard to be seen. I want to add code to make it so that I can create a custom size for the video but I only want it for this video on this page not all the videos on my website. 

image.thumb.png.d748354c9934a97a581044d79c0d5bf1.png

• Replies 6
  • Views 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Becca has a tutorial on this

-------- > 👆 <---------- Please quote or @ me when replying, or I won't get a notification 

Melody | Squarespace Website Developer
e: melody@melodylee.tech

💻 💁‍♀️ 1-2-1 Squarespace Training session <- feeling stuck and want to learn?
👩‍💻 💁‍♀️ Website help <- send me your to-do list. From code to plugin to domain setup.
 Did I help? I like coffee (Thank you)
🧰 See the tools I use (contain affiliate links)

Thank you for sharing this video! I have tried these steps but I am still not able to change the aspect ratio. I feel like the block id I found for the video is not correct but I am not sure how to look for another one. I used the Squarespace ID Finder plug in to locate the block ID.

On 3/12/2024 at 10:16 AM, smiler4ever said:

Thank you for sharing this video! I have tried these steps but I am still not able to change the aspect ratio. I feel like the block id I found for the video is not correct but I am not sure how to look for another one. I used the Squarespace ID Finder plug in to locate the block ID.

Can you share link to a page where you use video? We can check easier

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Buy me a coffee (thank you!)

On 3/12/2024 at 3:16 AM, smiler4ever said:

Hi, @smiler4ever did the code work without the block ID?

I can't access your video source, but if your video is landscape then this won't work. You will have to crop the video using a video editor to portrait before uploading to Squarespace. Then follow the video.

-------- > 👆 <---------- Please quote or @ me when replying, or I won't get a notification 

Melody | Squarespace Website Developer
e: melody@melodylee.tech

💻 💁‍♀️ 1-2-1 Squarespace Training session <- feeling stuck and want to learn?
👩‍💻 💁‍♀️ Website help <- send me your to-do list. From code to plugin to domain setup.
 Did I help? I like coffee (Thank you)
🧰 See the tools I use (contain affiliate links)

Posted (edited)

The video is not landscape. It was screen-recorded on my phone. Is that why this is an issue? Is there anyway I could give you access to the video source? I would really love to figure this out. 

Edited by smiler4ever
want to add more to the message