Problems with connecting my designed website with my registered domain

Hey folks,

I have a big problem and I really hope you can help me with that!

So I designed my website before I registered an official domain with Squarespace. Now I have my designed website and my desired domain on my dashboard and I can't find a way to connect them.

My desired domain has the option "Move domain" but when I click it it just says "There are no eligible websites for this account to move a domain to." And my designed website does not have this option at all.

I have attached pictures.

I really hope you can help me to solve this problem. Thank you so much in advance!

Sally

Bildschirmfoto 2024-03-05 um 15.10.54.png

Bildschirmfoto 2024-03-05 um 15.18.00.png

If you go to your website and then go to Settings and Domains, click on "connect a domain I own" then type your domain name in and follow the steps.

This type of request is really easily handled by Squarespace Support via live chat, you can find them here:

https://support.squarespace.com/hc/en-us/requests/new#choose-topic

Please like and upvote if my comments were helpful to you. Cheers!

Zygmunt Spray
Squarespace Website Designer
Contact me: 
https://squarefortytwo.com 

Did I help? Buy me a coffee?

🔌 Ghost Squarespace Plugins (Referral link)
📈 SEO Space (Referral link)
 SquareWebsites Plugins (Referral link)
 🔲 SQSP Themes (Referral link) 
Spark Plugin (Referral link) 

6 minutes ago, sallda said:

I have my designed website and my desired domain on my dashboard and I can't find a way to connect them.

Please see my guide Connecting a Squarespace Domain to a Squarespace Website.

Did this help? Please give feedback by clicking an icon below  ⬇️

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

2 minutes ago, Ziggy said:

If you go to your website and then go to Settings and Domains, click on "connect a domain I own"...

That's exactly what I thought too @Ziggy but when you choose that option to connect a Squarespace domain, the UI shows two red exclamation marks and gives up!

image.thumb.jpeg.bfad90015bd71700bd863b0b588a4d8e.jpeg

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

Just now, paul2009 said:

That's exactly what I thought too @Ziggy but when you choose that option to connect a Squarespace domain, the UI shows two red exclamation marks and gives up!

It should work if you have a domain that is new and unconnected though, right? I'm sure I've used that method many times.

Please like and upvote if my comments were helpful to you. Cheers!

Zygmunt Spray
Squarespace Website Designer
Contact me: 
https://squarefortytwo.com 

Did I help? Buy me a coffee?

🔌 Ghost Squarespace Plugins (Referral link)
📈 SEO Space (Referral link)
 SquareWebsites Plugins (Referral link)
 🔲 SQSP Themes (Referral link) 
Spark Plugin (Referral link) 

Thank you both so much for your quick response.

I have also seen this in some tutorials, but the problem is that I don't have the button "Use a website I own" anywhere. I only have the option "Register domain" and "Use external domain". I have attached pictures again.

Thank you!

Sally

Bildschirmfoto 2024-03-05 um 15.42.31.png

Bildschirmfoto 2024-03-05 um 15.42.10.png

Looking at your screenshots, it looks like the domain may already be connected to a different website? If it is, you must disconnect it from this site first.