• Views 695
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

17 hours ago, Chris_0986 said:

I would like to create navigation bar above the main navigation that allows the user to change brand/websites.

There are a couple of ways to create a secondary navigation but these will vary depending on the template you are using on the older version 7.0 platform. 

If you know a little HTML, you can write some simple HTML and CSS and add it to the site's Code Injection header area. This can be really simple and effective but it will be difficult for others to update later.

The alternative is to build your secondary navigation in a folder within the Pages menu and then write some JavaScript that will create a new navigation above the existing site header and add the contents of this folder to it. This makes it super easy for a contributor to modify later but it does require a better knowledge of code.

I am not aware of a solution that has been written for 7.0 but Will has written a great guide for v7.1 if you are considering updating to 7.1: Add Secondary Navigation to Your Squarespace 7.1 Website

image.png.b03b2a0e1e31a37c3ded0eac7a6589a2.png

Did this help? Please give feedback by clicking an icon below  ⬇️

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.