Huge gaps On Live Site

Go to solution Solved by BobInAustin,

Hello All, 

It just feels like the last six months, I've experienced more bugs with Squarespace than the many years I have been a customer. Frustrating. Especially when in the early stages of a launch. This is my business. These bugs matter and impact my work. The page looks amateur as a result. 

Here is the page

https://bobbyford.net/the-rockstar-intensive

In the back office, everything is flush and properly spaced. It renders fine on an iPhone 15 Max. A vendor told me its a bug with the tablet liquid interface, but I have never used or done tablet optimization. I am also attaching a screenshot 

As always, thanks for all your help.
Bobby

Screenshot 2024-02-27 at 5.28.44 PM.png

Years with next to no problems, but the last six to nine months, so many bugs. It's messing with people's incomes. 

2 hours ago, TBrungus said:

Having the same issue with mine - even went so far as to manually correct things twice before seeing if it's a bug. Very frustrating 

image.thumb.png.af49c48046f56b9ea6b0827f39586c06.png

Years and years with minimal issues on here, but the last 6+ months there has been so many bugs. If Squarespace doesn't care about the fundamentals that protect how their clients come off to their customers, game over. 

This has to stop. 

17 hours ago, TBrungus said:

Having the same issue with mine - even went so far as to manually correct things twice before seeing if it's a bug. Very frustrating 

image.thumb.png.af49c48046f56b9ea6b0827f39586c06.png

The only workaround for this very broken fluid rollout was to break everything up in sections. That tends to be a Best Practice anyways, but one I did not think I needed. There are still spaces, but all of them are uniform, so for the user, they look intentional. Don't know if that will help!

2 hours ago, BobInAustin said:

The only workaround for this very broken fluid rollout was to break everything up in sections. That tends to be a Best Practice anyways, but one I did not think I needed. There are still spaces, but all of them are uniform, so for the user, they look intentional. Don't know if that will help!

Thanks, good to know! Seems like that's the best option at the moment 

Hey @tuanphan

What are your honest thoughts on going that route? Will it wreck all that I have in place? I am having SO MANY serious issues with Squarespace. Have spent the the last 3 hours re-uploading videos because Squarespace the uploaded SP version is down scaling video (lighter video, looks nothing like the video looks on Vimeo, LinkedIn, etc ..) AND dropping audio frames so the audio stutters. Never ever an issue in the past. Squarespace is becoming less and less viable for my business, and Ive been with them for close to a decade. 

10 hours ago, BobInAustin said:

@tuanphan  I figured out how to add a classic section but instead of the add an element button, it only shows the upgrade to fluid button, so I really can't use classic to design. 

In Classic Editor, you need to hover on middle of section > You will see a plus icon > Click on it to Add block

(And don't click Upgrade button on top left of section)

image.thumb.png.72581ddcaee0cb098565757390714237.png

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Buy me a coffee (thank you!)