Why is my custom font in all caps

I have 3 custom fonts on my squarespace website and my cursive font is showing up in all caps. How do I correct this? This is the code for the font type

// SUBHEADER FONT

@font-face {

font-family: 'High Spirited';

src: url(https://static1.squarespace.com/static/65a2e1139a6f1146aa68f356/t/65d610ba9469487f56b43dd0/1708527802632/High%2BSpirited.woff2);

Please post the URL for a page on your site where we can see your issue. For us to see the URL you need to include the link in the content of your post. The URL field the forum software provides is not shown to us.

A link to the backend of the your site won’t work for us, i.e. a URL that contains /config/.

Please set up a site-wide password, if your site is not public and you've not already done so.

Post the password here.

Adding a site-wide password does not allow anyone to alter your site. It only allows those with the password to see your site.

Please read the site-wide password and how to share a link documentation to understand how they work.

You may find How to post a forum question post useful.

We can then take a look at your issue.

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as the best ( solution ), and see my profile. Thanks for your support! I am a Squarespace ( and other technological things ) consultant open for new projects.

1 hour ago, bloomsocialmd said:

I currently don't have the cursive published anywhere because it shows up as all caps when I try to use.

Hi, can you share the code that you used to apply your custom font that you are having issues with?

This is a screenshot where I tried High Spirited, it doesn't appear to be in all caps.

image.thumb.png.7c811227d1fe487f98b719b3439ba047.png

-------- > 👆 <---------- Please quote or @ me when replying, or I won't get a notification 

Melody | Squarespace Website Developer
e: melody@melodylee.tech

💻 💁‍♀️ 1-2-1 Squarespace Training session <- feeling stuck and want to learn?
👩‍💻 💁‍♀️ Website help <- send me your to-do list
 Did I help? I like coffee (Thank you)
🧰 See the tools I use (contain affiliate links)

2 hours ago, bloomsocialmd said:

I currently don't have the cursive published anywhere because it shows up as all caps when I try to use.

You can set up a test page in Not Linked that we can take a look at.

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as the best ( solution ), and see my profile. Thanks for your support! I am a Squarespace ( and other technological things ) consultant open for new projects.

On 2/27/2024 at 6:36 PM, bloomsocialmd said:

@melody495 On my about page I just changed the "Hey Mama" to be "heading 4" font which is where I set my cursive and it is all caps- do you see that? I am not sure how you got that paragraph to be not caps! I am so confused!

Magic 🙃 I used the inspect tool, this allows me to change the CSS locally (only visible to me and not affecting your website) 

Go to Site Styles -> Fonts -> Headings -> Transform, click the dropdown. Is this set to Uppercase?

All your heading fonts are in uppercase as per Site Styles setting. Your custom font code only changed the font family, not the upper/lower case.

Either change the option in Site Styles (this affects all headings so h1, h2, h3, h4), or add this line of code to where you apply your custom font and don't want the uppercase being applied.

text-transform: none;

Let me know how it goes.

Edited by melody495

-------- > 👆 <---------- Please quote or @ me when replying, or I won't get a notification 

1 hour ago, bloomsocialmd said:

That worked!!! THANK YOU SO MUCH!!

Excellent 🙂 Happy to help, glad it's all working for you.

Could you mark my post above as the solution please? To help others find the answer easier. Thanks