How do I add code for Text and a Button over a Slideshow on Squarespace?

• Replies 5
  • Views 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

14 hours ago, HomeownerHQ said:

I'm looking to add a slideshow to the top of my blog and have it include the blog title

image.thumb.png.068354f9beb3fdf30910e853d9ee28a1.png

You should be able to click ADD SECTION to add a new Page Section above the blog content. You can then choose the content you want in the new Page Section.

Me: I'm Paul, a SQSP user for >18 yrs & Circle Leader since 2017. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: Founder of SF.DIGITAL. We provide high quality original extensions to supercharge your Squarespace website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to my own SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is completely free. You can thank me by selecting a feedback emoji. Buying a coffee is generous but optional.

Would you like your customers to be able to mark their favourite products in your Squarespace store?

Sorry Paul, I probably should have been more clear... I mean to add the text over the slideshow images and the text would change with each image. So image A would include blog post A title and link, and image B would be blog post V title and link... and so on. 

Do you want a slideshow above the blog that features some of the blog posts by showing the blog thumbnail image, the blog title and a link to the full post?

If so, there isn't a fully featured solution built in. A workaround is to add a full width Summary Block, set to Carousel mode, with Items per Row set to 1. So that one item (one post) is shown at one. This will create a manual carousel with the title below the image. You can add CSS to move the title over the image and you can use JavaScript to auto-advance the slides.

Let me know if this is helpful 🙂.

Edited by paul2009

Me: I'm Paul, a SQSP user for >18 yrs & Circle Leader since 2017. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: Founder of SF.DIGITAL. We provide high quality original extensions to supercharge your Squarespace website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to my own SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is completely free. You can thank me by selecting a feedback emoji. Buying a coffee is generous but optional.

Would you like your customers to be able to mark their favourite products in your Squarespace store?