Menu on Left Side of Page

Left side menu:  When I click on a year in the menu on the left side of the page it does not take one precisely to the corresponding year heading in the right column. For the years 2021 and below, it's close but not precise. For years 2022 and 2023, it's not even close. At a minimum, how can I get 2022 and 2023 to behave like the other years? And ideally, how can I make all years behave perfectly?

Main menu across the top: Similar problem with years in the  drop-down under "Events."

Additionally, how can I add a left-side menu to other pages? (I didn't build the original site so I don't know how it was done.) On the site danceforlife.info, I need to add a "Past Events" menu item across the top that will take one to separate 2022 and 2023 pages, each of which will have a left-side menu for the various categories of info that will be on each year's page. 

• Replies 5
  • Views 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You have a code

<p id="2022"></p>

but unfortunately the ID cannot start with a number. Detail: https://www.w3schools.com/html/html_id.asp

You can change it to something like this

<p id="year-2022"></p>

then change anchor link

from

#2022 to

#year-2022

image.png.b9947b233bb6fdc8ee4f76c2107e59ca.png

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Buy me a coffee (thank you!)

The navigation problem on the ladiug.com left-side menu is solved. Thank you. 

Now.......

How do I add a left-side menu to a page on the danceforlife.info site?  (I didn't build the laidug.com site so I don't know how it was done.)

This might be TMI, but I need to add a "Past Events" menu item across the top that will take one to separate 2022 and 2023 pages, each of which will have a left-side menu for the various categories of info that will be on each year's page. 

3 hours ago, homeboy said:

The navigation problem on the ladiug.com left-side menu is solved. Thank you. 

Now.......

How do I add a left-side menu to a page on the danceforlife.info site?  (I didn't build the laidug.com site so I don't know how it was done.)

This might be TMI, but I need to add a "Past Events" menu item across the top that will take one to separate 2022 and 2023 pages, each of which will have a left-side menu for the various categories of info that will be on each year's page. 

You can use Text Block and manually add each text with corresponding url

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Buy me a coffee (thank you!)