Title bar displaying "i%"

Hi,

im having an issue with the title bar in web browsers displaying my websites title name i% for instance "blog - i%,".

I know that you could change the layout of the title name on older versions of squarespaces user interface however i can not find an area that would allow me to change this.

I have attached screenshots showing how it displays on my website and how it displays when posting as a link to facebook.

ultimately i would like for the title bar to display as follows "title of article - blog"

any help with this would be appreciated.

Rob

https://www.setinstonemasonry.com.au/blog/crumbling-chimneys

Screen Shot 2024-02-05 at 9.04.47 pm.png

Screen Shot 2024-02-05 at 9.08.57 pm.png

Edited by SetinStoneMasonry
addition of url address

Hi @derricksrandomviews, I thought the same however I have checked this and it's not there.

There was an option for it in the page title setting previously and I had all my tabs appearing correctly however the user interface for squarespace has changed and the option to set that parameter is no longer an option.

I personally think it's a bug with Squarespace when they removed that option but then didn't revert my settings to default leaving me with i%. I'm hoping someone from Squarespace has a solution that I'm not seeing, I'm awaiting a response from tech support.

3 hours ago, SetinStoneMasonry said:

Hi @derricksrandomviews, I thought the same however I have checked this and it's not there.

There was an option for it in the page title setting previously and I had all my tabs appearing correctly however the user interface for squarespace has changed and the option to set that parameter is no longer an option.

I personally think it's a bug with Squarespace when they removed that option but then didn't revert my settings to default leaving me with i%. I'm hoping someone from Squarespace has a solution that I'm not seeing, I'm awaiting a response from tech support.

Hi @SetinStoneMasonry I'm not aware of anything around SEO has been removed, can you please share a screenshot of your page setting?

Here is for one of my blog post as an example.

image.thumb.png.684d8ff7917bf182a2f8eb020721dfe7.png

You can review site wide page SEO title settings here. Marketing -> cog wheel -> SEO Appearance 

image.thumb.png.f1569c68ca95f0c383a2b48f25fd2bbd.png

image.thumb.png.61b10330fbe39a6338fccafbb9e9e0e3.png

-------- > 👆 <---------- Please quote or @ me when replying, or I won't get a notification 

Melody | Squarespace Website Developer
e: melody@melodylee.tech

💻 💁‍♀️ 1-2-1 Squarespace Training session <- feeling stuck and want to learn?
👩‍💻 💁‍♀️ Website help <- send me your to-do list
 Did I help? I like coffee (Thank you)
🧰 See the tools I use (contain affiliate links)

@melody495 This is the setting i was looking for, thanks.

the %i was only showing in the search appearance under "items". would this have anything to do with a blog?

I have changed all the settings across the three search apperances to "%p - %s", this seems to have worked and removed the %i.

Is there a way for the title of your blog to be listed in your title bar rather than the word "blog"? on facebook when posting a link to my blog it now comes up "blog - set in stone masonry" which is much better but i would prefer the blog title "the art of repointing - blog".

ScreenShot2024-02-08at8_13_42pm.thumb.png.0733c012b0c2854ffb364f7971c1ec74.png

Screen Shot 2024-02-08 at 8.13.34 pm.png

Screen Shot 2024-02-08 at 8.13.51 pm.png

Screen Shot 2024-02-08 at 8.19.05 pm.png

Screen Shot 2024-02-08 at 8.21.23 pm.png

On 2/8/2024 at 10:15 AM, SetinStoneMasonry said:

Thank you both for your help .

You're welcome, glad you got it sorted out!

On 2/8/2024 at 10:15 AM, SetinStoneMasonry said:

I can see where i went wrong now. i% should have been %i. This never showed up until i started a blog so I'm assuming the blog uses the "items" search appearance.

You are correct.

%s = site title

%p = page title

%i = collection item title.

Blog is a collection aka page, and each blog post is a collection item within blog.

-------- > 👆 <---------- Please quote or @ me when replying, or I won't get a notification 

Melody | Squarespace Website Developer
e: melody@melodylee.tech

💻 💁‍♀️ 1-2-1 Squarespace Training session <- feeling stuck and want to learn?
👩‍💻 💁‍♀️ Website help <- send me your to-do list
 Did I help? I like coffee (Thank you)
🧰 See the tools I use (contain affiliate links)