Hello!

Site: https://www.knowledgeacademyonline.com/

I've been using squarespace to sell online courses for 3 months now. I want to change the concept and stop selling individual courses and start trying a member site with monthly payments. Members would have acces to the courses with this monthly fee and I will be uploading new content every month.

My dilemma here is If there is an option where the member who joins now the membership, only has acces to one course and the next month he will have acces to a new one. Maybe something like a monthly content unlock area, but the same for all the members. Being the timming exactly the same regardless of whether you access the membership today, or in 5 months.

That way, If a member joins the membership on day 1, he has the same experience than the member who joins on month 5.

I don't know if it's well explained, just let me know.

Thanks!!

When you add content, it will be added for all subscribers at the same time. You cannot restrict content based on elapsed membership duration.

However, if you combine Member Sites with Email Campaigns, you can set up a drip campaign to help guide your subscribers through the existing content at a set pace. By drip feeding this content way, they'll make the most of all the existing content.

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

49 minutes ago, paul2009 said:

When you add content, it will be added for all subscribers at the same time. You cannot restrict content based on elapsed membership duration.

However, if you combine Member Sites with Email Campaigns, you can set up a drip campaign to help guide your subscribers through the existing content at a set pace. By drip feeding this content way, they'll make the most of all the existing content.

Ok, but I think this problem is real. Think of it like this:

I encourage a lead to join a membership to a online courses platform when the platform has 3 courses. Each mont, a new course appears.

This lead will wait some months to join because he knows I will be adding more courses. I lost a lead.

Different is if when the lead joins, there is only one course available, and then, every month a new course unlocks. And this applies to every new members whenever it joins (if its on january or november).

It looks like Acuity Scheduling will do what you're talking about. You'll see the thing in action by pasting "/config/scheduling/appointments.php" after your squarespace website URL (parrotfish...). On the left under "Client Scheduling Page" you'll see "Scheduling Page Link". That's an extra cost, mind.

I also wonder if Active Campaign can do it, too.

This is potentially useful for me to know, too. So thanks for asking!  😉

Edited by SoniaW

Best,

Sonia Wilkinson

GetDigital.Art

Practical lessons that empower artists to digitize, edit, share, and print their work to grow their art business. 

• 1 month later...