Anyone have an idea how to Make the top menu item of a drop-down navigation NOT clickable in 7.0 Bedford

Go to solution Solved by jpeter,

Hey there Guys,  newbie here !

I come from a html5 side of things normally so this little issue is starting to drive me crazy.  For some reason, in SquareSpace 7.0 it seems you cannot have a top level nav item as a non clickable item.  In other words would anyone have any idea how i can make the top menu item of a drop-down navigation not clickable.

For example

link 1 - Main link in the nav - how to make this top link not clickable ( shouldn't go to any page if clicked!)
link 2 in drop down - links to a page
link 3 in drop down - links to a page
link 4 in drop down - links to ap page

etc.

Any help or advise or a code snippet would be welcomed.  I'm using SquareSpace 7.0 Bedford family

Thank you

Rob

• Solution

If you're using this template then you can leverage the pointer-events: none css rule set to prevent the element from being clicked. Here's the CSS you would add using the CSS editor based on the templates ID and classes being used:

/* Prevent item from being clicked */
#mainNavigation .folder-toggle {
    pointer-events: none;
}

Full stack developer who loves helping people out with anything web related. If you'd like to support me, buy me a coffee!