Can't see headings in blog draft as text is white on white background?

• Replies 6
  • Views 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You need to change the heading font color shade in site styles. You edit the page and if using 7.1 template click on the paintbrush in the top right corner, choose colors, and then the button under "this page". Then click the text heading you want to change, the menu on the right will jump to the correct size and allow you to adjust the palette shade color there. 

If you are using a 7.0 template, I would need to know which one, site style menus are different for each family of templates. 

Edited by derricksrandomviews

The design of my site is white text on a dark background. The colour of the text in the site styles should not affect the colour of the text when drafting a blog! It also doesn't explain why the main text is showing in black when drafting but is displayed as white on my website. 

I'm using 7.0 with Basil template.

Screenshot 2024-01-19 at 09.16.23.png

Edited by AlynWallace

I tested the Basil template, it seems to have a quirk. In draft mode,  the edit page background does not follow the set page color but the heading text does. If you need to see it, you can change the heading color to black, once done change it back to white. I did discover it is not completely invisible depending on my monitor contrast setting. 

Edited by derricksrandomviews

Thanks for looking into this. How do we forward this information on to Squarespace? It's not really acceptable to change the colour of my font site-wide just to write a blog. And I do not have the freedom to play about with the contrast of my monitor as it is finely calibrated for my photography work.