How to verify Squarespace for Constant Contact? DNS Setting fields don't match.

I want to verify our domain for Constant Contact. They provided a Record Name and Value for CNAME 1 and for CNAME 2. Meaning I have two domain keys and two values.

They did not give us a "host."

I can't figure out how to get this into Squarespace's DNS Setting page, which asks for a "host" and doesn't have a space for Record Name.

Ideas?

UPDATE: Mailchimp and Squarespace now have matching instructions, so this one is SOLVED! 🙌🏻 Thanks for everyone's help!

Edited by AnchorVirtualAssistants

Add the Record to Host, and add the Value to Data, set the Type to CNAME. do this for each CNAME record and the TXT record and save.

Please like and upvote if my comments were helpful to you. Cheers!

Zygmunt Spray
Squarespace Website Designer
Contact me: 
https://squarefortytwo.com 

Did I help? Buy me a coffee?

🔌 Ghost Squarespace Plugins (Referral link)
📈 SEO Space (Referral link)
 SquareWebsites Plugins (Referral link)
 🔲 SQSP Themes (Referral link) 
Spark Plugin (Referral link) 

I've not encountered this problem so I'm not sure what's going wrong, that FAQ doesn't seem very enlightening!

Please like and upvote if my comments were helpful to you. Cheers!

Zygmunt Spray
Squarespace Website Designer
Contact me: 
https://squarefortytwo.com 

Did I help? Buy me a coffee?

🔌 Ghost Squarespace Plugins (Referral link)
📈 SEO Space (Referral link)
 SquareWebsites Plugins (Referral link)
 🔲 SQSP Themes (Referral link) 
Spark Plugin (Referral link) 

@MariaFY  I too was having a similar issue.

I removed the domain name from the Host/Host Name (i.e. '.domainname.org') in both the CNAMES and the TXT record you're trying to add for Constant Contact.

When you add those records in, apparently Squarespace automatically reads the root domain, so it isn't necessary to add the domain into the host value. The system would be reading it as 'ctct1._domainkey.domainname.org.domainname.org'

Once you remove the '.domainname.org', it may take up to 72 hours of propagation time for any new DNS settings to completely process and reflect throughout the web.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Trying to set up CNAME Authentication for use with Constant Contact and I've set up the CNAME Records that they've directed and it's still erroring out:

Expected DMARC record was invalid.  If you have already entered the DMAR record with your DNS provider, make sure it matches the expected results.  

I've verified everything in Squarespace DNS matches what they provided and it does.  Here's what they provided me:

The following records must be added to your DNS.
This should be done by logging into your DNS hosting provider and publishing the below records in your DNS Settings.

Record type: CNAME
Record Name: ctct1._domainkey.xxxxxxxx.org
Value: 100._domainkey.dkim1.ccsend.com

Record type: CNAME
Record Name: ctct2._domainkey.xxxxxxxx.org
Value: 200._domainkey.dkim2.ccsend.com

A DMARC policy is now required. If you do not already have one, please add the following TXT record

Record type: TXT
Record Name: _dmarc.xxxxxxxx.org
Value: v=DMARC1; p=none;

What am I missing/doing wrong?

• 3 weeks later...