Text Hight Issues

I submitted this to SQSP already, but thought I'd get help from the circle forum...

Sometime in the last month, an update changed the paddling of the Aktiv Grotesk font, anchoring high. It is no longer vertically centered in buttons and more dramatically the underline/highlight is significantly offset.

How can I "fix" this in the interim of SQSP making appropriate changes on their end?

Aktive Grotesk & Helvetica comps attached

Screen Shot 2023-12-22 at 4.04.53 PM.png

Screen Shot 2023-12-22 at 4.05.08 PM.png

Screen Shot 2023-12-22 at 4.08.00 PM.png

Screen Shot 2023-12-22 at 4.07.43 PM.png

Hi @FHamel I've responded to you on the other post, but please see this post here. Does this solve your issue?

If not, then please share a your website url.

-------- > 👆 <---------- Please quote or @ me when replying, or I won't get a notification 

Melody | Squarespace Website Developer
e: melody@melodylee.tech

💻 Can't figure something out and want to learn? 💁‍♀️ 1-2-1 Squarespace session 
👩‍💻 Need some customisation for a design? 💁‍♀️ Custom Code help
 Did I help? 💁‍♀️ I like coffee

• 3 weeks later...

Spoke too soon. The code effects the response of the text highlight/underline animation. It know longer scales with the text when the 'scale text' is selected...

@Squarespace_Design  Needs to fix the Aktiv Grotesk fonts so they no longer are offset to the upper third of their boundary box...

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/6/2024 at 7:48 PM, FHamel said:

@Squarespace_Design  Needs to fix the Aktiv Grotesk fonts so they no longer are offset to the upper third of their boundary box...

I think @Squarespace_Design is just a customer like yourself (and me). Squarespace doesn't monitor this forum, please report all platform issues to Squarespace support so they can address them.

-------- > 👆 <---------- Please quote or @ me when replying, or I won't get a notification 

1 hour ago, ashleybaldwin said:

I am also having this issue with a custom font, and it is causing issues on buttons and creates an odd loading experience. Is there any way to better vertically center this custom font in the actual text box?

Hi, please share your site url so the community can try and help.