How to use a duplicate site as a backup

Hi

I want to make some cosmetic changes to my site but I want to be able to easily revert to the original, pre-edited, site if the changes don't work out. 

Can I work on a duplicate of the site then replace the main site with the duplicate if I like the changes that I've made? 

Edited by dunfordhealth
spelling mistake

Hi, for what you're describing, I would just duplicate the page under Not Linked. If you are happy with the changes, you can then link the new page and unlink/delete the old page.

That way you won't need a whole new site to just test out some minor changes.

-------- > 👆 <---------- Please quote or @ me when replying, or I won't get a notification 

Melody | Squarespace Website Developer
e: melody@melodylee.tech

💻 💁‍♀️ 1-2-1 Squarespace Training session <- feeling stuck and want to learn?
👩‍💻 💁‍♀️ Website help <- send me your to-do list
 Did I help? I like coffee (Thank you)
🧰 See the tools I use (contain affiliate links)

A note about duplicate sites. They are not exact duplicates of the original site. Please see Duplicating a site.

If I need to do an extensive redesign I tend to duplicate the site and work on the duplicate to work out the new design. Then make a plan to transfer the needed changes back to the original site.

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as the best ( solution ), and see my profile. Thanks for your support! I am a Squarespace ( and other technological things ) consultant open for new projects.