Large Text box moves down on different sized monitors.

Go to solution Solved by WhoAJ,

the large text box "Hierarchy" on my home page drops further down when i view the site on a different sized monitor.

to put in perspective, I have been working on my site on a MacBook pro 13 inch. Everything looks fine

I switched to my other laptop 1920 x 1080 and monitor 2560 x 1440 and that's where i noticed the difference. (not sure how useful this info is )

This is the code i use to reposition the text box to move it up more. 

//hierarchy large logo positioning//
#block-360c253ea77246c3281e
{ top: -640px !important;

}

Site: https://groundhog-cow-f7s6.squarespace.com/

PW: hi

HIERAR.PNG

site style.PNG

Edited by WhoAJ
  • Replies 4
  • Views 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi @WhoAJ where do you want the text to appear in relation to the images/section?

Assuming aligned center vertically, you can drag the text block to be the same height as the images, then set the text block align to be vertical center. 

This should mean the text will be centered on the images regardless of screen size. 

Let me know how it goes. 

Edit: remove the code for now as you shouldn't need it

Edited by melody495

-------- > 👆 <---------- Please quote or @ me when replying, or I won't get a notification 

Melody | Squarespace Website Developer
e: melody@melodylee.tech

💻 💁‍♀️ 1-2-1 Squarespace Training session <- feeling stuck and want to learn?
👩‍💻 💁‍♀️ Website help <- send me your to-do list. From code to plugin to domain.
 Did I help? I like coffee (Thank you)
🧰 See the tools I use (contain affiliate links)

4 minutes ago, melody495 said:

Hi @WhoAJ where do you want the text to appear in relation to the images/section?

Assuming aligned center vertically, you can drag the text block to be the same height as the images, then set the text block align to be vertical center. 

This should mean the text will be centered on the images regardless of screen size. 

Let me know how it goes. 

Edit: remove the code for now as you shouldn't need it

hi @melody495 thanks for reviewing my issue.
i turned off that bit of code, my text box is now located below the Grid Gallery image strips.

it does not let me drag the text box to put it over the grid stips. Hence using css to try and position the text box vertically up top.