migrated my site from version 7.0 to version 7.1

Go to solution Solved by Ziggy,

Hello, I have already migrated my site "antonovart.com" from version 7.0 to version 7.1, but I am not satisfied with the result, and I want to start by creating a new, fresh site with a fresh template from 7.1 on my own account. 
My old site is under construction, and it looks like my account gives me the opportunity to start creating a new site. What pitfalls can I expect? If I start a new site on my own account without creating a new account and then just transfer my domain "antonovart.com" to the new site? What about those unfortunate 14 days? Do I need them? I'm already paying for my time.

• Solution

There are quite a few things to take into consideration when starting to design a new website to replace an old one. If you have content like blogs, stores, or customers etc. you can transfer some of this, but much needs to be recreated. Your domain can be easily moved but your Squarespace subscription will need to be purchased again for the new website, you can't move it, but you can request a prorated refund from SQS Support if you have a significant amount of time remaining.  The 14-day trial is limiting, but can be extended.

Please like and upvote if my comments were helpful to you. Cheers!

Zygmunt Spray
Squarespace Website Designer
Contact me: 
https://squarefortytwo.com 
Hire me on Upwork!

🔌 Ghost Squarespace Plugins (Referral link)
📈 SEO Space (Referral link)
 SquareWebsites Plugins (Referral link)
 🔲 SQSP Themes (Referral link) 
Spark Plugin (Referral link) 
 🖼️ Gallery Lightbox Plugin (Referral link) 

Did I help? Buy me a coffee?

Zygmunt Spray
Contact me: 
Hire me on Upwork!

Thanks again!
 I've been digging around this weekend in the remains of the site that I managed to migrate from 7.0 to 7.1 version and I'm starting to get something. 
I have a question.  The thing is that I decided to create a new site from scratch, and not to restore the old one, because I heard somewhere that the site created on the basis of 7.0 with the transfer to 7.1, using this new option to upgrade Squarespace, will not have a full-fledged template from 7.1!
 Please Confirm or Disprove this opinion?

14 hours ago, artpapa said:

full-fledged template from 7.1

I'm not sure what this means. Squarespace 7.1 does not have templates in the traditional sense. When you start a new website on Squarespace 7.1 you get to pick a starting point with pre-designed content and pre-selected fonts and colours, but that's all you get, the functionality of every template is identical, and that's also true of the upgrade process. When you upgrade you won't get to pick one of these starting points, but it will try to pull the fonts and colours and content from your old site instead. This is no real loss unless you want the exact design aesthetic of the starting point and plan to do nothing more than swap out the demo content for your own. The template pages/sections are generally available when adding a new page/section, and you can pick a font pack or colour scheme in the styles menu.

Zygmunt Spray
Contact me: 
Hire me on Upwork!

Thank you, I probably did not exactly express my doubts, but your explanation pushed me to a more precise expression: from version 7.0 I brought my content and now I do not have the old template, but I can use all the goodies, that is, "a single template version 7.1"? 
But the thing is that it seems to me that here I have not everything works as in the instructions, and somehow messy, perhaps my previous mistakes and inaccuracies exposed here. And so it seems to me that it is better to start from 0?