Checkout email

Go to solution Solved by paul2009,

Hey,

I have this issue i think and i don;t know what to do. On my squarespace i have my account and it works perfectly. i got the domain with domain email (company) let say. on the check out as iam doing my testing, i don;t receive email to the company email but to the default when i created the squarespace. Is any chance i can change the default email and send to the domain email?

• Solution
1 hour ago, Michalis said:

i don;t receive email to the company email but to the default when i created the squarespace.

If you aren’t receiving commerce emails to your company email address you will need to change your account email address or create an account on your website using this email address (see Inviting a contributor) with Store Manager or Administrator permissions. 

Edited by paul2009

Me: I'm Paul, a SQSP user for >18 yrs & Circle Leader since 2017. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: Founder of SF.DIGITAL. We provide high quality original extensions to supercharge your Squarespace website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to my own SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is completely free. You can thank me by selecting a feedback emoji. Buying a coffee is generous but optional.

Would you like your customers to be able to mark their favourite products in your Squarespace store?

Hi Paul,

Hoping you may be able to assist further with this topic...I am also having this issue.

I have two separate sites/stores ie. Site 1 and Site 2.  My Squarespace account and login is under Site 1's email, but when I login both separate sites show up in the dashboard and I choose which one I want to view.

All commerce emails for both sites are going to Site 1's email. When I try to invite Site 2 as a contributor (for site 2), it says "Unable to Accept Invitation. You already have permissions on this site." despite not being listed in the permissions. 

I have just changed the account email address to Site 2's, which appears will fix the issue for their commerce emails going to the other address. I have then invited Site 1 as a contributor to Site 1, which asked me to set up a whole new Squarespace user/account under that email which then only shows Site 1 in the dashboard.

On 11/22/2023 at 5:46 PM, paul2009 said:

If you aren’t receiving commerce emails to your company email address you will need to change your account email address or create an account on your website using this email address (see Inviting a contributor) with Store Manager or Administrator permissions. 

Does this now mean that I cannot access both site's through one login? 

Sorry for the long winded explanation, I hope that makes sense!

Also not sure if it is related or relevant, but for Site 2 the 'Ownership' is under the organisation I purchased the template from.

Thank you

2 hours ago, Cas91 said:

All commerce emails for both sites are going to Site 1's email. When I try to invite Site 2 as a contributor (for site 2), it says "Unable to Accept Invitation. You already have permissions on this site." despite not being listed in the permissions.

Hi. This happens because, when you are clicking the link, you are already logged in with your 'Site 1' login details. As you are already logged in with your 'Site 2' ID, it won't let you use another.

The trick is to right-click the contributor invitation link that arrives by email and choose to open it in a Private or Incognito window. You should then be able to accept the invitation.

2 hours ago, Cas91 said:

Also not sure if it is related or relevant, but for Site 2 the 'Ownership' is under the organisation I purchased the template from.

These permissions aren't affecting the issue with invitations, but the template author should not remain as the owner of the site. Shortly after purchase, I would expect the template author to transfer ownership of the site to you. If this hasn't happened within a reasonable period of time then I recommend that you contact them and ask them to do so. Only the current site owner can transfer ownership of the site. 

After they transfer ownership to you, the former owner may remain as a contributor with administrator permissions, unless they manually remove themselves. If you don't want them to have permissions on your site, you can remove the previous owner.

Did this help? Please give feedback by clicking an icon below  ⬇️

Me: I'm Paul, a SQSP user for >18 yrs & Circle Leader since 2017. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: Founder of SF.DIGITAL. We provide high quality original extensions to supercharge your Squarespace website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to my own SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is completely free. You can thank me by selecting a feedback emoji. Buying a coffee is generous but optional.

Would you like your customers to be able to mark their favourite products in your Squarespace store?