Gift Cards policy, refund, cancelation

Go to solution Solved by ValzHa,

I'm new to all of this and I'm just wondering how does the gift cards work around here. I can cancel/delete them. What happens if I do that? Do original buyer gets a refund? Are giftcards refundable ? Can giftcard owner cancel it? If so will original card holder will get a refund automatically? There is expiration on them. What happens to giftcard if it expires? Or there is no automatic refund at all? I'm using Stripe. Are gift cards basically non-refundable and I have to create Terms and Conditions around that. There is nothing about it in help section just that you can delete/cancel, but nothing about what happens with payment. 
I'm doing Christmas Photography mini sessions. I would like to be able to offer Gift Cards but only for christmas season, but I don't want to deal with potential manual refunds or rescheduling to other type of photography. How does all of that work? Unfurtunatelly I don't see any built in tamplates for Gift Cards as well that would give any answers.

• Replies 2
  • Views 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

If you're asking about Gift Certificates sold through Acuity Scheduling, please see Creating packages, gift certificates, and subscriptions. If this guide doesn't answer your questions, I recommend contacting Acuity directly for further guidance.

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

• Solution

Looks like I found my answer, but it was burried realy deep

The search function in Help is terrible.. When you write refund it only finds something about Tax refunds. When you write Cancel, Canceled, canceling it only finds how to cancel Acuity payment subscription plan.

If anyone else is wondering regarding this topic
Somewhere and somehow i found this.. but i can' t find this anymore

Canceled and no-show appointments

• If you cancel an appointment that was paid for with a package, gift certificate, or subscription code, and mark it as a no-show, the client doesn't get anything back. 
  • If you or your client cancels an appointment but you don't mark it as a no-show, the client gets the value of the appointment added back.

Also this 
https://help.acuityscheduling.com/hc/en-us/articles/16676947528205-Managing-payments-in-Acuity-Scheduling#01H7FZ9QY0QS0V6HXZWVK9ED5Z

Refund a client

It's not possible to issue a refund through Acuity.

When a paid appointment is canceled, Acuity will send you an email with a direct link to the client's payment. You can use the link to issue a refund through your payment processor.

Follow the links below to learn the refund steps for your payment processor:

Refunds issued in your payment processor aren't reflected in Acuity, including in any reports.