I do not see the design tab

Hi, which page are you looking for? If you are looking for Custom CSS, you can find it here Website -> Website Tools (scroll all the way down) -> Custom CSS.

-------- > 👆 <---------- Please quote or @ me when replying, or I won't get a notification 

Melody | Squarespace Website Developer
e: melody@melodylee.tech

💻 💁‍♀️ 1-2-1 Squarespace Training session <- feeling stuck and want to learn?
👩‍💻 💁‍♀️ Website help <- send me your to-do list. From code to plugin to domain.
 Did I help? I like coffee (Thank you)
🧰 See the tools I use (contain affiliate links)

On 11/16/2023 at 1:38 PM, Kentia said:

Just switch my site from 7.0 to 7.10, but not see the "Design" tab un the left menu and Instead of "Pages" tab is "Website" tab.

The Design menu no longer exists on version 7.1. The Design menu options have moved as follows:

Custom CSS: As @melody495 mentioned above, you'll find the Custom CSS panel by scrolling all the way through your list of pages (Main Navigation and Not Linked) to the very bottom of the Website panel where you'll find the Utilities section containing System Pages and Website Tools menu.

Logo & Title: These settings can be found by editing the site header. To access these, click EDIT in the top-left corner of your site preview. Double-click the site title/logo (or click it and then click the pencil icon) to make changes. Note that there are separate settings for desktop and mobile.

Template: On Squarespace version 7.1 this option doesn't exist because all Squarespace 7.1 "templates" are technically the same. They have the same features but a designer has simply styled it differently. There isn't an option to reset the design to match a different starting point/"template". At least, not yet!

Site Styles: To open the Site Styles panel, click the paintbrush icon in the top-right corner while editing any page:

site-styles-7-1-paintbrush.png.c2b044f6b876842739df432e6fc9588b.png

Did this help? Please give feedback by clicking an icon below  ⬇️

Edited by paul2009
Updated to take account of header editing changes in 2024

About me: I'm Paul, a SQSP user for over 18 yrs and a Circle Leader since 2017. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: Founder of SF.DIGITAL, providing high quality original extensions to supercharge your Squarespace website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to my own SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is completely free. You can thank me by selecting a feedback emoji below. Buying a coffee is optional.

Book paid help with domains: Connect a GoDaddy domain. Connect a Squarespace Domain. Domain assistance

2 hours ago, paul2009 said:

The Design menu no longer exists on version 7.1. The Design menu options have moved as follows:

Custom CSS: As @melody495 mentioned above, you'll find the Custom CSS panel by scrolling all the way through your list of pages to the bottom of the Website panel where you'll find the Website Tools menu.

Logo & Title: These settings can be found by editing the site header. To access these, click EDIT in the top-left corner of your site preview and then hover over the header and click EDIT SITE HEADER. When the Global tab opens, click Site title & logo

Template: On Squarespace version 7.1 this option doesn't exist because all Squarespace 7.1 "templates" are technically the same with the same features. There is no option to reset the design to match a different starting point/"template".

Site Styles: To open the Site Styles panel, click the paintbrush icon in the top-right corner while editing any page.:

site-styles-7-1-paintbrush.png.c2b044f6b876842739df432e6fc9588b.png

Did this help? Please give feedback by clicking an icon below  ⬇️

Mant thks Paul!

On that links explain how to change Squarespace template 7.1?

https://litextension.com/blog/how-to-change-squarespace-template/#2-how-to-change-squarespace-template-7-1

So this not available anymore?

And have a look at the attached image, its 7.1 version and there is  "Design" menu.

Thks in advance for your help!

1 minute ago, Kentia said:

On that links explain how to change Squarespace template 7.1? So this not available anymore?

Correct. You have never been able to change templates on version 7.1. If you want to load the styles and/or demo content of a different 7.1 “template”, you must start again with a new trial. 

About me: I'm Paul, a SQSP user for over 18 yrs and a Circle Leader since 2017. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: Founder of SF.DIGITAL, providing high quality original extensions to supercharge your Squarespace website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to my own SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is completely free. You can thank me by selecting a feedback emoji below. Buying a coffee is optional.

Book paid help with domains: Connect a GoDaddy domain. Connect a Squarespace Domain. Domain assistance

15 minutes ago, paul2009 said:

Correct. You have never been able to change templates on version 7.1. If you want to load the styles and/or demo content of a different 7.1 “template”, you must start again with a new trial. 

Thks! Sorry I attached the image I´ve said above.

Captura de pantalla 2023-11-16 a las 18.25.28.png

7.1 used to have a Design menu. It was removed recently. It never had a template option. 

1 hour ago, Kentia said:

The blog you have linked reads "As previously stated, changing templates in version 7.1 is not possible. However, you can always change the template's look or add new page types. Here are the specifics."

It goes on to direct you to Site Styles. See @Paul2009's post above for how to access Site Styles.

-------- > 👆 <---------- Please quote or @ me when replying, or I won't get a notification 

👩‍💻 💁‍♀️ Website help <- send me your to-do list. From code to plugin to domain.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/18/2023 at 6:49 PM, soloye said:

So does that mean we must pay for another website altogether just to change a template?

My answer below and this thread is about 7.1.

No you do not have to pay for another website, because there is no such thing as a template anymore in 7.1. From the 7.1 templates you can choose from on SquareSpace's website, you can pick one and "change" to another template using Site Styles and all the native features available.