Connect individual Image Blocks to make a continuous lightbox navigation from self built grid

Hi All,

I am very new to building a website - and I want to make my image blocks connect in a continuous light box - I have designed my own grid layout as the standard ones were not showing how I wanted them to. Now I need to connect all images in a Lightbox rather than individually. How can I do that?

Thank you for any help!

15 hours ago, P-S said:

Hi All,

I am very new to building a website - and I want to make my image blocks connect in a continuous light box - I have designed my own grid layout as the standard ones were not showing how I wanted them to. Now I need to connect all images in a Lightbox rather than individually. How can I do that?

Thank you for any help!

If you have a budget, I have developed Lightbox Studio plugin that supports this out of the box, please check the demo https://beyondspace-showcase.squarespace.com/lightbox-demo (scroll to Linked images Zoom Lightbox) section.

If you want to try it on your site, kindly share your site URL so I can get a dedicated playground so you can test it on your site

image.thumb.png.619e4f29f7faed9b54545fd0b19dd008.png

Edited by Beyondspace

BeyondSpace - Squarespace Website Developer

🖼️ Lightbox Studio (Enable Pinch/Zoom on lightbox)
🗓️ Delivery Date Picker (Squarespace Date picker form field)
💫 Gallery block 7.1 workaround
🥳 Sparkplugin Customisations Browsers (Browse +100 Spark plugin customisations)
🥳 Elfsight Template Browsers (Browse +1000 Elfsight widget Templates)

If you find my answer useful, let's leave a like or upvote so others with the same issue can find their solution. Thank you!

Hi @Beyondspace,

Thank you for your reply! That looks super cool - and potentially what I am after - however I am a student (and on a student budget), so at this time I will need to find another workaround. 

I have only seen options for Lightbox plug ins since I have come across this issue - is that the only solution, other than using a pre-made gallery page?

Thank you!

3 hours ago, P-S said:

Hi @Beyondspace,

Thank you for your reply! That looks super cool - and potentially what I am after - however I am a student (and on a student budget), so at this time I will need to find another workaround. 

I have only seen options for Lightbox plug ins since I have come across this issue - is that the only solution, other than using a pre-made gallery page?

Thank you!

I don't think gallery page will work, have you try that?

If you find my answer useful, let's leave a like or upvote so others with the same issue can find their solution. Thank you!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 1/6/2024 at 6:54 AM, P-S said:

I tried the gallery page - and as much as wanted to keep the proportions of the ones that I had made, the gallery page worked with the Lightbox effect I wanted. So a compromise but it works!

I made an update for the connect lightbox feature, you can check it here

Edited by Beyondspace