How to redirect an entire website

Go to solution Solved by paul2009,

Hi all, I need some advice. 

I want to change my website's domain name, but I don't want to lose all the backlinks from the old domain. Essentially, I'm taking my business from thesuitest.co to thesuitest.com. I have tons of pages and subpages because my website is a digital magazine, so creating individual redirects seems like tedious work that's going to take a lot of time. I'm also not even sure if I can redirect the .co links to .com in Squarespace once I change the domain there. Would I have to do that on my server?

So what I am wondering is: is there any solution to redirect all of the old links to the new one? (I will obviously keep the .co domain so that this redirect will be possible) And how do I go about doing this? I just don't really know where to start with this project.

Any help or resources or advice is appreciated! 

• Replies 3
  • Views 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

• Solution
1 hour ago, mizc said:

I want to change my website's domain name. I'm taking my business from thesuitest.co to thesuitest.com.

is there any solution to redirect all of the old links to the new one?

This is very straightforward. Firstly, don't remove the old domain. Leave it connected to the website.

Add the new domain to the website and, when it has fully propagated (usually after 48 hours), set it as the Primary Domain. Whenever someone reaches a URL using the old domain, they'll automatically be redirected to the same page using the new domain.

Did this help? Please give feedback by clicking an icon below  ⬇️

Me: I'm Paul, a SQSP user for >18 yrs & Circle Leader since 2017. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: Founder of SF.DIGITAL. We provide high quality original extensions to supercharge your Squarespace website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to my own SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is completely free. You can thank me by selecting a feedback emoji. Buying a coffee is generous but optional.

Would you like your customers to be able to mark their favourite products in your Squarespace store?

Hello, I need help with my domains.
I have two domains one of them with website and the other without anything

I need link them so when I open the domain link its take me to the other domain.

Ex: when I open link: www.example.com

Its change to other link: www.example2.com.

Simply link both domains to your website, set your preferred domain as the primary domain.

Please like and upvote if my comments were helpful to you. Cheers!

Zygmunt Spray
Squarespace Website Designer
Contact me: 
https://squarefortytwo.com 
Hire me on Upwork!

🔌 Ghost Squarespace Plugins (Referral link)
📈 SEO Space (Referral link)
 SquareWebsites Plugins (Referral link)
 🔲 SQSP Themes (Referral link) 
Spark Plugin (Referral link) 
 🖼️ Gallery Lightbox Plugin (Referral link) 

Did I help? Buy me a coffee?