Custom Forms - as part of product page

Hi,

I'm currently in the final stages of my site development. I make wood products and offer a customization option to clients whereby they can specific a personal message that can be carved on to the final piece before its shipped.

Currently this input is gained via the Custom Form option as part of the checkout function. This is ok but I'd much rather have the input gathered while on the product page as I feel its much more seamless - the custom form takes the client to what could be described as a disjointed stage in the order experience.

Anyone know if this is possible? 
I'd also like to be able to gauge the max character input - so for example limiting them to only 15 characters?

website is www.thecraftyoak.co.uk/shop

Thank you

31 minutes ago, X5pilot said:

I'd much rather have the input gathered while on the product page as I feel its much more seamless

Have you tried the Custom Form option available in the Product editor?

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as the best ( solution ), and see my profile. Thanks for your support! I am a Squarespace ( and other technological things ) consultant open for new projects.

So on my product page I've no way of adding any Form Block (Assuming thats what you meant?) as the Page was setup as a Shop from one of the SS templates.

Does that make sense? Am I missing something? You mention the Product Editor, can you please elaborate what this is as I'm assuming its just where I edit all my products but I cant see anything Form related there?

Edited by X5pilot

You mention the Product Editor, can you please elaborate what this is

I'm referring the an the product editor for an individual product.

ScreenShot2023-11-05at1_17_33PM.thumb.png.43d817d25a9b1ce70a832d399c0a9fd2.png

ScreenShot2023-11-05at1_18_24PM.png.b4b12ea58adce16558675e27dcbc9edd.png

Please see Editing products and Creating a custom product form.

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as the best ( solution ), and see my profile. Thanks for your support! I am a Squarespace ( and other technological things ) consultant open for new projects.

Hi, 

Yes this is what I've been using... The Custom Form as part of the Product Editor which is under the Checkout section. The issue I have is this form pops up after the customer adds the product to the cart... It would be much more convenient if the input for this form somehow appeared on the same page of the product.

The issue I have is this form pops up after the customer adds the product to the cart... It would be much more convenient if the input for this form somehow appeared on the same page of the product.

SS provides no controls for the order information is gathered. I know of no method to get the information ahead of clicking the add to cart button and have it become part of the order.