Etsy Reviews Not Refreshing

Go to solution Solved by paul2009,

I am no longer able to refresh my Etsy reviews. When I go to refresh my imported Etsy reviews, I get taken to the login page on Etsy and am prompted to provide a security code to complete the login. This is normal.

However, after completing the login on Etsy, I am taken back to the main "Selling Tools" page on Squarespace. And when I go back to the "Product Reviews" section, no new reviews show despite having several new reviews on Etsy. I have tried refreshing dozens of times. I have even tried turning off imported reviews and then turning it back on. Still nothing. I opened a support ticket and this is what I was told:

"We’ve noted your report with our Engineering and Design teams for review. They’ll use this feedback when creating fixes and improvements for future releases.

There are many variables that we need to test against before we can make changes, and we can’t guarantee changes for this issue in the immediate future. That said, our teams consider all feedback, and your input is always encouraged."

This is extremely frustrating because it makes my website look like outdated. Does anyone have any idea what's going on? Because clearly, Squarespace does not.

Screen Shot 2023-10-17 at 9.59.30 AM.png

• Solution

Squarespace have acknowledged that this is a technical issue.

The reply you've received ("We’ve noted your report with our Engineering and Design teams for review") is the standard reply to acknowledge the technical fault that Squarespace need to investigate. I don't know if the issue is with the Etsy API or with Squarespace, but unfortunately there isn't anything that any of us can do to resolve it.

Squarespace doesn’t use this forum to track or respond to bug reports so, if you want to follow up about this issue, you are encouraged to contact Squarespace Customer Support directly by raising a ticket. 

Did this help? Please give feedback by clicking an icon below  ⬇️

Edited by paul2009

About me: I'm Paul, a SQSP user for over 18 yrs and a Circle Leader since 2017. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: Founder of SF.DIGITAL, providing high quality original extensions to supercharge your Squarespace website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to my own SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is completely free. You can thank me by selecting a feedback emoji below. Buying a coffee is optional.

Book paid help with domains: Connect a GoDaddy domain. Connect a Squarespace Domain. Domain assistance

45 minutes ago, paul2009 said:

This is the standard reply when there's a technical fault that Squarespace need to investigate. I don't know if the issue is with the Etsy API or with Squarespace, but unfortunately there isn't anything that any of us can do to resolve it.

Thanks for your response, Hopefully this gets resolved soon 🤷‍♀️

• 3 weeks later...

Hi! New to squarespace but I have an established Etsy account that I would like to integrate my reviews from. I have followed the steps to import reviews but I can't integrate them into my site. 

Steps I take: 

1. I go to selling tools 

2. Select Product Reviews 

3. Select settings on right side of screen 

4. Select Sign in & import from Etsy 

This is where things go wrong, sometimes I get the pop up to log into Etsy, sometimes I don't - all times I get pushed back to the selling tools screen without getting to grant access. I have tried on numerous phones, computers, cleared internet cache, tried in a private browser, etc with no luck on being able to import these reviews. 

Any insight on what I should be doing differently or how to fix this problem? 

My sites for reference: 

Squarespace: Livymaecloset.com

Etsy: https://livymaecloset.etsy.com

Thanks!!

On 11/4/2023 at 4:12 PM, LivyMaeCo said:

I have an established Etsy account that I would like to integrate my reviews from. I have tried on numerous phones, computers, cleared internet cache, tried in a private browser, etc with no luck on being able to import these reviews. 

Squarespace Customer Support have acknowledged that a technical fault is causing this issue on Squarespace sites. They haven't provided an estimate of how long it will take to fix.

Edited by paul2009

About me: I'm Paul, a SQSP user for over 18 yrs and a Circle Leader since 2017. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: Founder of SF.DIGITAL, providing high quality original extensions to supercharge your Squarespace website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to my own SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is completely free. You can thank me by selecting a feedback emoji below. Buying a coffee is optional.

Book paid help with domains: Connect a GoDaddy domain. Connect a Squarespace Domain. Domain assistance

Hi,

I am experiencing the same issue.

I reached out to support and followed all the steps provided; however, the problem persisted.

Therefore, I recorded a video demonstrating the issue and sent it to the support team.

They acknowledged that it is a glitch on their end that needs to be resolved, but they did not provide any timeline for when the issue will be addressed.

On 11/9/2023 at 5:41 PM, JulienDeneker said:

Hi,

I am experiencing the same issue.

I reached out to support and followed all the steps provided; however, the problem persisted.

Therefore, I recorded a video demonstrating the issue and sent it to the support team.

They acknowledged that it is a glitch on their end that needs to be resolved, but they did not provide any timeline for when the issue will be addressed.

I reached out recently to Squarespace support, because I have been trying in the last weeks to update my reviews, from etsy, on my squarespace website. I have tried all the advice given and nothing, I have not been able to refresh.

This feature used to work without any problems. I hope squarespace staff adresses this glitch very soon, it really bothers me that I can't show my customers the feedback that I receive over etsy. It is extremely important to show that my product works to my buyers!

• 2 weeks later...

Update: I have reached out to the square space customer service and they noted this is a bug on their end but no resolution or estimate in when this should be fixed. Followed up to see if they can help import manually or troubleshoot my specific problem to see if I can import anyway. Will keep all posted!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

How frustrating! Finally about to launch my new website with the new year and been trying for the last hour to import my 600+ reviews over from Etsy…at least I know now I wasn’t doing anything wrong and it’s actually a known glitch. Not a great start to being on Squarespace though! Hope they’re able to fix it really soon🤞

hello, does anybody have an issue with importing reviews from Etsy? I'm using Advance Plan and loved this feature since I started using Squarespace but it stopped working for the past couple months, I normally refresh every week. I have tried 'Refresh' several times but it definitely not working. I also reached out Squarespace a couple times but no one have an answer, they kept saying they are working on it like it's an error. The latest review on my website is only Sep 19, 2023 so it's been more than 3 months I couldn't refresh it which makes me really have to reconsider and I shouldn't pay this much on this plan while I couldn't use one of its features?

33 minutes ago, Tanna said:

I wish there was some sort of indication this is getting attention from Squarespace

@Tanna Although Customer Support acknowledged this issue in October, fixes are generally prioritised by impact. If you or your client are affected by this issue, and have not already reported it, I recommend that you raise your own ticket through Squarespace Customer Support so that the true impact can be better understood.

@Tanna @effiocreative @MysticNomads @TLPlantStudio

I understand that this issue (Etsy reviews not updating) has now been resolved. If this doesn't appear to be the case for you, please contact Squarespace Customer Support

Edited by paul2009