IDR Currency

35 minutes ago, danilee266 said:

I am struggling to find how to set my prices in IDR as this currency seems to only be able to show 1,000,000 as the maximum, which is extremely low for this currency.

@danilee266 There isn't a workaround for this issue. You'll need to inform Squarespace of this issue by raising a ticket through Squarespace Customer Care

To explain, Squarespace has a price limit of $1,000,000 (USD) per product but they seem to be applying the one million to all currencies equally, so you're also limited to IDR 1,000,000.00 which is only around $64!

Although Squarespace support the Indonesian Rupiah currency (IDR) Stripe has never supported Indonesia as a country (to sell in IDR, your Stripe account needed to be located in a different, supported country) so I suspect you are one of the first people to come across this issue. 

Please let me know how you get on.

Did this help? Please give feedback by clicking an icon below  ⬇️

Edited by paul2009

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

• 2 months later...

Squarespace doesn't allow me to price my product > 1 million.

This would make sense if my listings were in USD, but my store uses IDR (because it caters to only Indonesians). So how does it make sense that I can't sell any product > Rp 1,000,000 (approx 64 USD)???

This seems to be a feature that is greatly overlooked. 

@tirtz Have you contacted Squarespace Customer Support, as suggested above?

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

yeah, but I dont think this is something that will be implemented any time soon.

Right now, I'm afraid it's not possible to price products higher than one million for any currency. That said, I can definitely see how this would be a useful feature. 
I'd be happy to submit a feature request to the team on your behalf. While we can't guarantee implementation of every suggestion, customer feedback is an important part of how we continue to improve, so we appreciate your input.

This missing feature is a huge barrier for my store, so I decided to use a different platform instead.

• 4 months later...