How to limit shipping profile to weight?

I'm wondering if it is possible to set weight limits in shipping profiles.

I can send items with letter mail (untracked mail) as long as they are under 1kg, and anything over 1kg has to be sent with tracked shipping. 

I want to create two shipping profiles that address those weight categories, with one shipping profile to only apply to items up to 1kg and the other profile for 1kg+. This way I can name the profiles untracked shipping so the customer can see options for both tracked/untracked shipping if their item is under 1kg. The shipping profiles however go 1kg to ∞, so I can't limit a shipping profile to a certain weight limit.

Is it possible to change that so you can create shipping profiles that only go to a certain weight?

• Replies 2
  • Views 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, EllaMaybe said:

I'm wondering if it is possible to set weight limits in shipping profiles.

You can set weight limits for each shipping option. These can then apply to profiles. See Depending on weight shipping for full details.

Did this help? Please give feedback by clicking an icon below  ⬇️

Me: I'm Paul, a SQSP user for >18 yrs & Circle Leader since 2017. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: Founder of SF.DIGITAL. We provide high quality original extensions to supercharge your Squarespace website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to my own SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is completely free. You can thank me by selecting a feedback emoji. Buying a coffee is generous but optional.

• 9 months later...

@paul2009 Adding to this, is it possible to to set a maximum weight so that products over the weight limit cannot be shipped?

An example is an e-commerce store that sells prints. Most prints can be shipped with shipping cost depending on the weight of the order. However, A0 framed prints are too heavy / large to ship and must be picked up. Ideally, I'd like to cap the maximum shipping weight so only the "pick-up" fulfilment option displays when a customer has a framed A0 print in their cart.

(FYI the A0 prints are a product variants so they cannot have their own fulfilment profile)