How do I redirect new members to buy the membership I'm offering?

Go to solution Solved by paul2009,

Hi Squarespace,

I have a problem that recently occurred (It used to work just fine)

When I try to create a new account on my members area, I'm stuck at this page after joining:
SquarespaceYogafriend.thumb.png.dcf5278d8eea8c31ff269393bf4b8222.png

When I made this in July, after making an account/signing up, you would be redirected to a checkout where you could pay for the membership and afterwards watch all the content. How come I am left here now, and how do I make it possible for new members to actually buy the membership?

Please provide a link to the page where we can see this happening. If the site isn’t live, please see How to Post a Forum Question for guidance on how to provide a link to your site. 

About me: I'm Paul. A SQSP User for 18 yrs, I joined Circle when it launched in 2016 and have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: Founder of SF.DIGITAL, providing expertise and extensions to supercharge your Squarespace website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to my own SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee fuels my work.

Book paid help with a Squarespace Domain

1 hour ago, NancyElizabethPhillips said:

My customers no longer have an option to pay. The member area stays on that page after signing up, and then nothing. I am not tech-savvy like some on here so if anyone can help step by step, please.

Yep - that's the exact problem I have too. Worked fine some weeks ago.

• Solution

@NancyElizabethPhillips @BirgitteA123 

Visitors can only purchase access to your member site using a Digital Product Block but I couldn't find one on your site. Perhaps I just missed it? If you've added a digital product block, can you direct me to it please?

If you haven't added a digital product block, this is likely to be the issue.

image.thumb.png.d823796ff6b0cc4ba04d2c51194699e0.png

Did this help? Please give feedback by clicking an icon below  ⬇️

Edited by paul2009
added example image

About me: I'm Paul. A SQSP User for 18 yrs, I joined Circle when it launched in 2016 and have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: Founder of SF.DIGITAL, providing expertise and extensions to supercharge your Squarespace website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to my own SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee fuels my work.

Book paid help with a Squarespace Domain

Hi There,

I have been able to successfully add the paywall to my courses, however now when a new visitor arrives to the website and is not familiar with the sign-up process they a re just left with a 'LOCK' sign next to the course.

How can I enable a trigger that allows the visitor to get redirected to the 'COURSE SIGN-UP' page to appear when they click on the 'LOCK' - see screenshot. 

Thank you for the help,

Gordon 

Screenshot 2023-09-03 at 17.55.25.png

Screenshot 2023-09-03 at 17.55.33.png

• 4 weeks later...

Hi i coded a fix for this, add this code to the developer - page injection - footer 

Replace 'my url.com' with required url

<script src="https://cdn.jsdelivr.net/npm/js-cookie@3.0.1/dist/js.cookie.min.js"></script>
<script>
const div = document.querySelector("body");

const callback = function(records) {
    records.forEach(function(record) {
        if (record.removedNodes.length > 0) {
            if (record.removedNodes[0].classList.contains('auth')) {
                Cookies.remove('logged-in');
            }
            if (record.removedNodes[0].classList.contains('unauth')) {
                // logged in action
                if (!Cookies.get('logged-in')) {
                    Cookies.set('logged-in', 'true');