Make youtube video full width (in the intro section of a page)

Hi!

I have added a youtube video as the "header" in the Intro section, under Page settings->Media, and would like the video to cover the full page width (it's not on the home/start page). The navigation bar is placed on top of the video. Right now there is a white border on both sides of the video. 

Is there a simple way to do this? The support pages https://support.squarespace.com/hc/en-us/articles/218562738-Adding-background-videos mentions something called "full bleed" but I cannot find that option anywhere under Page settings. I use Squarespace version 7.0. 

Another option: I know how to make blocks full width (e.g., a gallery block); could I add a gallery block in the intro section and somehow put it the navigation bar on top of it using code? That would potentially be a solution if it's not possible to make videos full width if they are added already under Page settings (the wheel). 

Let me know if I should clarify! Thank you!

• Replies 4
  • Views 980
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On 8/21/2023 at 4:00 PM, JMJM said:

Hi,

We managed to make it into a slideshow instead and it looks nice, so I think my issue is solved, but I would still be interested to know if it's possible to make a video fill the whole width (if the video is added via Page Settings--> Media (and youtube URL) instead of as a "block". 

https://www.linxs.se/young-researchers-initiatives

Thanks!

You can add it to a test page then share page url, we can check easier

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Buy me a coffee (thank you!)