Is It Possible to Display Donation Custom Form Fields BEFORE the Donate Button (Instead of on the Next Screen)?

Hi Squarespace Circle members! This is my first time building a website for a non-profit organization that needs a donation form & button integrated into their website. 

What we would like to do is have the form that donors fill out (to specify the amount of their donation, name, email address, etc) directly on the Donate page. When I went to set up the donate button and customize the fields, however, Squarespace only displays a donate button by itself. It won’t show the custom form fields until people click the donate button and go to the next screen, which takes them through the ecommerce checkout process. 

Has anyone found ways to integrate the custom form fields BEFORE the donate button (instead of on the next screen once people click the button)? Thank you!

- Alyssa Parr

11 minutes ago, luminescentdreams said:

Has anyone found ways to integrate the custom form fields BEFORE the donate button?

Squarespace donation features are very basic and it isn't possible to do this. For that level of customisation you'll need to consider using a third party solution that you can embed in the website. There are many available but they are usually targeted as specific markets, so the best solution for you may depend on the type of non-profit and the country where they are based.

About me: I'm Paul, a SQSP user for over 18 yrs and a Circle Leader since 2017. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: Founder of SF.DIGITAL, providing high quality original extensions to supercharge your Squarespace website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to my own SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is completely free. You can thank me by selecting a feedback emoji below. Buying a coffee is optional.

Book paid help with domains: Connect a GoDaddy domain. Connect a Squarespace Domain. Domain assistance

• 3 weeks later...