Gallery Block Glitch on my Home Page

Go to solution Solved by DPruitt,

When I click on one of my video gallery block thumbnails (ex: Vince Staples 'Fun' or Solange 'When I Get Home') and then press back in my browser to go back to my home page, the video gallery block glitches in the background of my home page. See attached reference images.

homepage urlhttp://ryanmariehelfant.com

@tuanphan Can you help me fix this?

gallery block glitch ex 1 vince staples.jpeg

gallery block glitch ex 2 solange.jpeg

Edited by ryanmariehelfant

I've not been able to reproduce your issue and I can confirm the loading issue when going back that @DPruitt mentions.

I first didn't hit play and went back, then hit play and went back.

What browser and OS are you using? I'm on macOS/Chrome.

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as the best ( solution ), and see my profile. Thanks for your support! I am a Squarespace ( and other technological things ) consultant open for new projects.

• Solution

I just reviewed the Markup to the site and could see how hitting back on the browser could cause certain elements to display; it's all written into the same index.

I think your best bet is just to give your projects a background so that it covers anything displaying behind it.  Try inserting this into DESIGN - CUSTOM CSS:

.project
{background-color:#000000 !important;}

Hey @DPruitt @creedon @tuanphan I think I spoke too fast. Even with the custom CSS background, the glitch is now appearing at the very bottom of my page when I click on certain gallery blocks.

For example, if you click on the gallery block CONSTRUCTION OF ‘BALENCIAGA’ AT 10-12 AVENUE GEORGE V, scroll down to the bottom, and then click 'back' in your browser, you get the glitch on the bottom of my home page (see attached video and attached image).

The custom CSS background seems to have solved the problem for the other gallery blocks, but is creating a glitch at the bottom of the home page for this particular gallery block perhaps because it contains 7 videos  and its visual length exceeds the length of graphics on the home page.

Is there a way to extend the custom CSS background so I don't get this glitch on the background of my home page. Or is there another solution?

Cheers

Ryan

glitch on home page.png

Herea are a few options to try, maybe give the spacer blocks, collection, or column the same background color?

Option 1:

#block-yui_3_17_2_1_1640964500100_2605,#block-yui_3_17_2_1_1679103621292_45471

Option 2:

#collection-58b722d99f7456509dacf1f3

Option 3:

.columns-12

I need admin access as I can't write any CSS, but it might be better for you to...

I removed the spacer blocks below the index, so let me know if you need additional spacing at the bottom.  After that, let's try to remove the empty page footer at the bottom.  From there, we are going to change the index and give a background color to the footer.

Please try adding this CSS and send a screenshot once complete if the project index page is still overlaying the footer.

.empty {
    display: none !important;
}

#footer
{background-color:#000000 !important;
  z-index:9999999 !important;
  position:relative !important;}

Can you check to see if that helped any?  The approach was to hide the overflow this time.

Also, you do have a project title in the top right that's in black:
.project-title

It also looks like you've hidden your pagination which could be some of the issues in hitting the back button and getting the error; I think using that feature would probably solve the issue.

Edited by DPruitt