Cannot upload ttf to custom css library

Hello,

since yesterday I've a problem with my custom CSS font upload on my website.

I did remove all fonts and css codes from the css custom work sheet, because of a new DSVGO-conforming upload and remove of Adobe Typekit fonts.

Now, I can't upload a new custom font (.ttf) in my custom css sheet. The upload button don't recognize any fonts, either .ttf nor .otf.

I contacted Squarespace, but no answer yet.

Please help me to find the problem, that would be very helpful!!!

Thanks and greets,

Nathalie

I would try clearing your browser cache and trying again, that seems to help with issues like this.

Please like and upvote if my comments were helpful to you. Cheers!

Zygmunt Spray
Squarespace Website Designer
Contact me: 
https://squarefortytwo.com 

Did I help? Buy me a coffee?

🔌 Ghost Squarespace Plugins (Referral link)
📈 SEO Space (Referral link)
 SquareWebsites Plugins (Referral link)
 🔲 SQSP Themes (Referral link) 
Spark Plugin (Referral link) 

• 4 months later...

I'm having trouble with this too - Squarespace help didn't do anything, told me I needed custom CSS and they can't help - yet my other website with them I was able to upload a custom font no problem. Both websites are on 7.1... I don't understand why I can upload a font for one and not the other.

Edited by michellecox
spelling errors

I am at my wit's end. Been working on this way too long and I can't figure it out.

I'll start by saying I have 2 websites through Squarespace. One website I was able to upload font and get everything changed over - all good!

My second website is not allowing me to choose my font. By that, I mean I upload it, it shows up there (both .oft & .woff), but isn't a font I can choose for headers, pragraphs, etc. Squarespace help desk told me it had to be custom CSS because it's 7.1, however, my other website is also 7.1 and I uploaded a custom font no problem and was able to use it and apply it like I needed to.

What the heck do I need to do to get this to work? I just need it for HEADINGS. I can't even get it to show up in the font drop down menu after I load the file. I have gone through so many coding websites, changed over the font name, h1, h2, h3, h4 and NOTHING is getting my font to come up.

Please help. I've wasted so much time with this I'm really gettting discouraged.

Edited by michellecox
spelling errors
  • michellecox changed the title to Can't figure out how to use font I bought for website and dowloaded
16 hours ago, michellecox said:

My second website is not allowing me to choose my font. By that, I mean I upload it, it shows up there (both .oft & .woff), but isn't a font I can choose for headers, pragraphs, etc. 

What the heck do I need to do to get this to work?

Hi @michellecox Just to make sure I've understood correctly, SquareSpace allows you to choose the font you use for Headings and Paragraphs. But if you want to use an additional font to those 2, then you need to upload your own custom font. What font is your website using for Headings and Paragraphs? And which other font do you want to use?

To use Custom Fonts in SquareSpace you need to use Custom CSS. I often refer to this step-by-step guide. How to upload custom fonts in SquareSpace

Have you tried that? If you have and it's not working as you expected, please share your website url then the community can try and help.

-------- > 👆 <---------- Please quote or @ me when replying, or I won't get a notification 

Melody | Squarespace Website Developer
e: melody@melodylee.tech

💻 Can't figure something out and want to learn? 💁‍♀️ 1-2-1 Squarespace session 
👩‍💻 Need some customisation for a design? 💁‍♀️ Custom Code help
 Did I help? 💁‍♀️ I like coffee (Thank you)