Custom Font Looks Weird on Mobile

Go to solution Solved by Ziggy,

Hi,

Recently, I added a custom font to a website. It looks great on Chrome and Safari on a computer, but when trying to view it on mobile Safari, it looks weird. I can tell it is the correct font, but it looks different than it does in the Squarespace mobile editor. I've attached two images below that show this issue. One was taken from my phone, while the other was taken from the Squarespace mobile editor. I've reviewed my code and it seems to be set up properly. If there's any way to fix this, that'd be great.

Thanks!

IMG_3945.thumb.PNG.6221498114c632b41ac8f83c77f95aa0.PNG

(Mobile Safari, screenshot from iPhone)

Screenshot2023-08-03at7_08_48PM.thumb.jpg.1e43b5709509092db24f8d3dbc5490e6.jpg

(Squarespace editor)

Edited by imdanielduncan
  • Replies 2
  • Views 927
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Solution

The only thing that I can see is that the letter spacing might be very very slightly different. This will have more to do with the settings on your phone, and I guarantee that it will look slightly different again on someone else's phone. There's not very much I can offer you, as this isn't a problem with your setup or code, it's just the nature of looking at any content on different devices.

Please like and upvote if my comments were helpful to you. Cheers!

Zygmunt Spray
Squarespace Website Designer
Contact me: 
https://squarefortytwo.com 
Hire me on Upwork!

🔌 Ghost Squarespace Plugins (Referral link)
📈 SEO Space (Referral link)
 SquareWebsites Plugins (Referral link)
 🔲 SQSP Themes (Referral link) 
Spark Plugin (Referral link) 

Did I help? Buy me a coffee?

8 hours ago, Ziggy said:

The only thing that I can see is that the letter spacing might be very very slightly different. This will have more to do with the settings on your phone, and I guarantee that it will look slightly different again on someone else's phone. There's not very much I can offer you, as this isn't a problem with your setup or code, it's just the nature of looking at any content on different devices.

Ok, thank you.