Blog Post Author Sort

Please see Blog Post Author Sort.

This is an experimental Bookmarklet that sorts the Authors. Now when I say experimental nothing bad as far as causing issues with your site will happen. If something did happen visually then a simple reload of the page should do the trick.

To use it you need to...

• Install the code as a bookmark, in your browser. When you hit the page use the...

...to copy the code.
  • Add a basic author with a display name of blog post author sort - twc.
  • Get the author menu of a blog post up on screen, then use the Bookmarklet.
  • Give the code a beat as it takes some time to load and run.

If you don't know how to add a bookmark to your browser then you should be able to find info on the web how to do it.

I think short term a bookmarklet is a good way to go. Ideally, I think, this would be a better job for a Mutation Observer but those are harder to write, especially tinkering with the SS interface as it's not really ideal for semi-semantic targeting of its elements.

If you decide to give the bookmarklet a go, let us know how it goes.

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as the best ( solution ), and see my profile. Thanks for your support! I am a Squarespace ( and other technological things ) consultant open for new projects.

• Replies 0
  • Views 608
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days