Delivery to certain UK postcodes.

Hello,

I have a client here in the UK who wants her customers to order online but only deliver within a small radius. (In her van) I understand that there is a feature for this in the Advanced Commerce plan. Using the postcode function.

She also wants to set certain delivery costs depending on the village. Has anyone had any experience with this?

Many thanks

Richard

Edited by eekDesign
4 hours ago, eekDesign said:

Delivery to certain UK postcodes. I understand that there is a feature for this in the Advanced Commerce plan.

Correct. There's a fairly new feature that allows you to specify shipping zones at a more granular level. It was recently added for the UK, Australia and Canada (it was already available in the US).

What do you want to know?

Edited by paul2009

About me: I'm Paul, a SQSP user for over 18 yrs and a Circle Leader since 2017. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: Founder of SF.DIGITAL, providing high quality original extensions to supercharge your Squarespace website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to my own SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is completely free. You can thank me by selecting a feedback emoji below. Buying a coffee is optional.

Book paid help with domains: Connect a GoDaddy domain. Connect a Squarespace Domain. Domain assistance. 

Hi Paul,

Hello paul2009,

Thank you for your reply.

The current site is a custom bespoke CMS where you can add villages and the associated postcodes. (Its full of bugs and the company who designed the site no longer want to offer support)

This show the list of places (villages) There are currently 200 (in the CMS)

https://monosnap.com/file/6Fu0ihKpAzuhexbjqfOMo5PSqd8eek

And this shows one village and the postcodes that fall within that village (for example)

https://monosnap.com/file/N5VC2NV7iV9AYjdaiXFO0iJqTLhEWz

So I would need to be able to set up something in Squaresapce.

I understand there is a limit of 99 postcodes.

This current site has way more than that.

Thank you for your help, it’s much appreciated.

Richard

On 7/7/2023 at 2:46 PM, eekDesign said:

The current site is a custom bespoke CMS where you can add villages and the associated postcodes. There are currently 200...so I would need to be able to set up something in Squarespace.

Instead of adding postcodes or place names and assigning them a delivery charge, you'll do it in reverse on Squarespace. You'll create a Shipping Option (for example for the £7 charge) and then add the respective postcode "Outcodes" to that shipping zone, something like this:

image.thumb.png.9e7033ac37dae9a7a42d0ee0eea81147.png

On 7/7/2023 at 2:46 PM, eekDesign said:

I understand there is a limit of 99 postcodes.

There's a limit of 999 postcodes per shipping rule.

Did this help? Please give feedback by clicking an icon below  ⬇️

Edited by paul2009
edited for clarity

About me: I'm Paul, a SQSP user for over 18 yrs and a Circle Leader since 2017. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: Founder of SF.DIGITAL, providing high quality original extensions to supercharge your Squarespace website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to my own SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is completely free. You can thank me by selecting a feedback emoji below. Buying a coffee is optional.

Book paid help with domains: Connect a GoDaddy domain. Connect a Squarespace Domain. Domain assistance. 

2 hours ago, eekDesign said:

An Issue I have with adding the postcodes is you can only "HR3" which is a large area. But I need to add the full postcode which is "HR3 6LA"

That's correct, you can only specify the "Outcode" element of the postcode. This consists of one or two letters, followed by one digit, two digits, or one digit and one letter, indicating the postcode "area" and postcode "district".

You cannot be more specific by adding the "Incode" for the postcode sector and delivery point, and it isn’t possible to change this behaviour with code.

Did this help? Please give feedback by clicking an icon below  ⬇️

Edited by paul2009
Edited for clarity

5 hours ago, eekDesign said:

do you know nay way around this or any third party plugs ins

It cannot be changed with code/plugins because it is managed in the “backend” of the platform where developers cannot make changes.

Edited by paul2009