Anchor Links in 7.0 not working

Go to solution Solved by Ziggy,

Hi,

I'm editing a client site on 7.0 and I'm having issues with the anchor link. I've created a resources page and I want the directory at the top to click down to a section on the page. The anchor link is working but it's hiding all of the other sections when it does so.

I created the page utilizing an index page and then separate pages for each section. When you go to click on 'at home' for example it just brings up that page and hides everything else. What I'd like it to do is just scroll down to that section.

Is there something I'm doing wrong or some way that I could make it simply jump down to a section without removing everything else on the page? 

THANKS!!

Lo

• Solution

It sounds a bit like you have the page linked rather than anchor linked, but I can't tell without seeing the website or you sharing the links that you've added. If that's right and you have a page in the index linked in the header like this /page-section rather than #page-section then it will just display the section as a page rather than part of the index.

Please like and upvote if my comments were helpful to you. Cheers!

Zygmunt Spray
Squarespace Website Designer
Contact me: 
https://squarefortytwo.com 

Did I help? Buy me a coffee?

🔌 Ghost Squarespace Plugins (Referral link)
📈 SEO Space (Referral link)
 SquareWebsites Plugins (Referral link)
 🔲 SQSP Themes (Referral link) 
Spark Plugin (Referral link)