Acuity Schedule Redirect

I don't believe this is natively possible, though I did find this tutorial that may work (I have not tested it myself):

Please like and upvote if my comments were helpful to you. Cheers!

Zygmunt Spray
Squarespace Website Designer
Contact me: 
https://squarefortytwo.com 

Did I help? Buy me a coffee?

🔌 Ghost Squarespace Plugins (Referral link)
📈 SEO Space (Referral link)
 SquareWebsites Plugins (Referral link)
 🔲 SQSP Themes (Referral link) 
Spark Plugin (Referral link) 

Yes, we stumbled on this code as well. Seems like it is for each appointment type which we have a lot of and it will be a lot of code to set up. Ideally something like this but for ALL appointments. The old code we used is: 

<!-- Redirect Acuity Customers to a custom thank you -page 
❤️ BY CODE + TONIC -->
<script>
window.top.location = 'https://cleanmobiledetailing.com/thank-you/';
</script>

But it doesn't work anymore. Also by COde+Tonic. 

Hmm tricky. I've not seen any other solutions for this offered. What is the purpose of the redirect?

Edited by Ziggy

Zygmunt Spray
Contact me: 

We want to track people after they book an appointment. We have our Google ads and analytics track set but we also track Thank you page landings. We also offer custom messages on that landing page like gift card discounts, Instructions about the appointment and notifications etc. Just a more personalized experience than just the standard Acuity Booking confirmation. 

Sounds good, sadly I don't know of a way that can work with Acuity Scheduling.

Zygmunt Spray
Contact me: 

• 3 weeks later...

Hey 👋

Solution for Acuity Redirect after booking

Acuity redirects have become more and more difficult, but don't worry, it's still very much possible. 

The problem, in a nutshell is that browsers are becoming more strict about iFrames (Acuity Scheduling in a website is an iFrame) having the required permissions to redirect the parent page (your main website where Acuity is embedded, as an iFrame). 

so code like this which used to work...

<script>
window.top.location = 'https://example.com/thank-you/';
</script>

...now leads to this error 

CleanShot2023-06-04at04_19.45@2x.thumb.jpg.5fcb6cb6a28394ede833b6ea5c0beca7.jpg

There was a workaround by adding a custom sandbox -attribute in the iFrame that seemed to work for a while, however that has also become more unreliable, as browsers seem to require "user activation", meaning that user interacts (e.g. clicking) with the iFrame to launch the redirect, which is not what happens in Acuity conversion.

The current reliable solution, is to send a message from Acuity to the parent website, ideally having all the if-else logic there to redirect by appointment type. Once your website "hears" the javascript message from the Acuity iFrame, it'll "redirect itself" without permission problems. It's very unlikely that browsers or Acuity will, or even could block this method, so it's very reliable for years and years to come. 

A thing to keep in mind is that there will be a tiny tiny delay before the redirect kicks in, so I recommend using Custom CSS to design a loading spinner to make the experience smoother. Otherwise users may be confused by the flash of the normal Acuity end screen and a sudden redirect.

My Acuity Redirector Plugin uses all the methods above, making it super reliable, smooth, flexible and easy to use. 

Solution for Acuity Scheduling Conversion Tracking

@Clean seems to be after conversion tracking. If you want conversion tracking then a different solution is recommended. It's quite similar, in that we'll send a message from Acuity iFrame to the parent window, and then listen for that message. However I'd usually recommend implementing conversion tracking instead of redirects. 

For a long time, the problem was that the Acuity redirect would cause issues in Google Analytics, because the traffic source would be faulty because of the redirect. So even if traffic came from e.g. Facebook Ads, the traffic source would look like it's Acuity, even though it was only a detour. This problem is not fixed at least in my products like the Acuity Redirector Plugin. It will even include the conversion information in the redirect url. 

But I still usually recommend using the Acuity message to do conversion tracking, instead of redirects if conversion tracking is what you are after.

I also have a plugin for Acuity Conversion Tracking here. It's a very, very difficult setup to make. Most of my clients tell me they've paid sometimes even 3 developers, but none of them couldn't do it as it requires quite deep understanding of JS, conversion tracking and Google Tag Manager, so unfortunately it's not the cheapest product. 

If both redirect and conversion tracking are needed, then Acuity Redirector Plugin is a good starting point. But this setup is very very very complex, so I usually try to stick with more simple version of Acuity Conversion Tracking as even that is vert complex. I do have a conversion tracker that works with the Acuity Redirector Pluginbecause it will require a custom setup but I don't like the added complexity.  If using the basic versions of both plugins, there is a risk that the redirect happens before conversions are sent successfully so that's not recommended.

Edited by codeandtonic
clarifying the iframe attribute requirement

Freelance Squarespace developer making plugins like Full-Width Blocks, Hover effects for grid gallery and the Darkmode plugin. I know Squarespace inside out and I'm able to solve pretty much any Squarespace code problem.

Get in touch here!