Automatic select and remove unused images in Assets Library

Go to solution Solved by paul2009,

Hi there.

I am about to launch a rather big website with a lot of images. I miss a check box in Assets Library, where I can select an remove unused images from the Library. Is Squarespace working on that, or is there another quick way to do it??

/Henriette

• Solution
3 hours ago, Henriette said:

I miss a check box in Assets Library, where I can select and remove unused images from the Library.

There isn't a way to do this currently, although I agree it would be helpful. That said, having more images in the Asset Library does not affect site performance.

Was this post helpful? Please give feedback by clicking an icon below  ⬇️

Edited by paul2009

Me: I'm Paul, a SQSP user for >18 yrs & Circle Leader since 2017. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: Founder of SF.DIGITAL. We provide high quality original extensions to supercharge your Squarespace website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to my own SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is completely free. You can thank me by selecting a feedback emoji. Buying a coffee is generous but optional.

2 hours ago, Henriette said:

Ok, thank you for quick reply! I was worried about that. I still look forward to the check box 🙂

I would also like that checkbox. Just to have order "in the backend". 😉

What I did is to create folders and I put stuff in there which I already used. Each project gets a folder or even subfolders.
If new images are uploaded – which can happen if you like to use them for some thumbnails where you cannot choose from the asset library – I know at least which ones were uploaded recently -> because they are not in a folder.
I also try to delete "older versions" of images as soon as I don't need them anymore.

But it is still a bit laborious. 😬

Hi. My name is Marc and I live in Berlin, Germany. I offer creatives services which include webdesign, art direction, photography and high end photo retouching. I also design movie & TV posters for national & international clients. I am specialized in everything. You can see my work on my websites - which I also created: www.marcperino.com & www.soapimages.com
spacer.png

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
3 hours ago, JohnEleven said:

Not sure if this is the place to vote for features, but I would like to see this added.

Squarespace doesn’t use this forum to track limitations or feature requests. If you'd like to raise this as a feature request, you are encouraged to contact Squarespace directly by raising a ticket through Squarespace Customer Care

Me: I'm Paul, a SQSP user for >18 yrs & Circle Leader since 2017. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: Founder of SF.DIGITAL. We provide high quality original extensions to supercharge your Squarespace website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to my own SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is completely free. You can thank me by selecting a feedback emoji. Buying a coffee is generous but optional.