Stop asking for clients timezone when scheduling on Acuity

Hi,

My students are confused because suddenly there is a box popping up on Acuity when they go to schedule a class that asks them to choose a timezone. I've explained that they just need to click one and then it will continue, but I'd rather turn this function off. Any ideas?

Thank you!

www.thespoolyard.ca

Screenshot 2023-05-04 at 5.20.53 PM.png

It is used to be a thing, but now I can't find the option anymore

image.png.8cce6f939879cdc8bd22d8cf08f45a1f.png

BeyondSpace - Squarespace Website Developer

🖼️ Lightbox Studio (Enable Pinch/Zoom on lightbox)
🗓️ Delivery Date Picker (Squarespace Date picker form field)
💫 Gallery block 7.1 workaround
🥳 Sparkplugin Customisations Browsers (Browse +100 Spark plugin customisations)
🥳 Elfsight Template Browsers (Browse +1000 Elfsight widget Templates)

If you find my answer useful, let's leave a like or upvote so others with the same issue can find their solution. Thank you!

This is a very focused application of timezone, as it pertains to people not necessarily in your timezone — ie virtual clients/customers. When using Acuity for in-person events having a timezone option will only confuse clients and cause headaches for our customer service team, when someone inevitably changes the value without knowing, and shows up early/late for their appointment.

Please allow removal of this drop down from the iframe with account settings. It actively makes the product worse.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Dear support team,

Please know that this issue still persists and is severely impacting my conversion rate for my business.

There is no upside to asking clients for their time zone in single-time-zone countries. At a minimum, it should be configurable. This should also be treated as workflow-breaking, as it was something that worked before.

The same applies to having to reconfirm dates when an appointment type is preselected via the link and is configured to "Clients must sign up for all the times this is offered".

These are two extra mandatory user actions that serve absolutely no purpose in this context, and they are right on the main sales funnel.

Please also see my issue that I filed a few days ago.

Thank you!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
49 minutes ago, Danielmonty said:

I have a solution! 
To hide the time zone selector, add this CSS under Customize Appearance > Advanced CSS:

#timezone-container {
    display: none;
}

That will hide the time zone selector for those who need it such as bricks and mortar stores 🙂

This feature will be supported on the Powerhouse plan at 49$/m

BeyondSpace - Squarespace Website Developer

🖼️ Lightbox Studio (Enable Pinch/Zoom on lightbox)
🗓️ Delivery Date Picker (Squarespace Date picker form field)
💫 Gallery block 7.1 workaround
🥳 Sparkplugin Customisations Browsers (Browse +100 Spark plugin customisations)
🥳 Elfsight Template Browsers (Browse +1000 Elfsight widget Templates)

If you find my answer useful, let's leave a like or upvote so others with the same issue can find their solution. Thank you!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...