Having trouble disabling Ajax Loading

Hi,

I just learned that, because my site has Ajax Loading enabled, MANY visitors cannot see the form on our donate page. I am not that tech-savvy (we are currently without a web admin), but I am literate. The tech support for our donor software Bloomerang let me know that there is a known glitch with Squarespace when Ajax Loading is enabled. I found this page in Squarespace's help section, but I can't see where to uncheck Ajax Loading on my page's Site Style panel. (See screen grab below.) Where do I disable Ajax Loading exactly?

image.thumb.png.560446db6868c7f93f373e32b14bb265.png

Edited by AmyKo
I hadn't finished post.

You have a 7.1 site, so this doesn’t have Ajax Page Loading. The issue must be caused by something else. What code is being used? What are the symptoms?

Edited by paul2009

Me: I'm Paul, a SQSP user for >18 yrs & Circle Leader since 2017. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: Founder of SF.DIGITAL. We provide high quality original extensions to supercharge your Squarespace website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to my own SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is completely free. You can thank me by selecting a feedback emoji. Buying a coffee is generous but optional.

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you, @paul2009. I never saw your helpful reply because it automatically went to our Squarespace email, not my work email (amy@epatt.org).  (I'm not an admin for that email.)

It's a relief to know that we have a 7.1 site and the problem is NOT with Ajax Loading, as suggested by our donor management software product Bloomerang customer support. 

The issue we're experiencing is that some people cannot see the credit card form on our donate page. Others, like me, can. (See attached screenshots.) I checked with those who cannot see the form and they, like me, were using Chrome. (The URL for our donate page is https://www.epatt.org/donate.) Any idea what's happening? Our vendor Bloomerang says they cannot help glitches that show up on Squarespace. 

Please email my work email, if possible: amy@epatt.org. Thank you, in advance, for any light you can shed on this issue.

Screenshot 2023-05-03 at 8.11.43 AM (1).png

Screenshot donate correctly displayed.png

22 minutes ago, AmyKo said:

The issue we're experiencing is that some people cannot see the credit card form on our donate page. I checked with those who cannot see the form and they, like me, were using Chrome. Any idea what's happening?

The form loads correctly for me and I cannot see any errors or warnings that would indicate an issue with your site. That said, the the performance of the donation form is poor. It took up to 3 seconds to load on a fast (gigabit) connection and up to 8 seconds on a mobile 4G connection.

As I couldn't reproduce the issue, I don't have any bright ideas. My only advice is to look at alternative donation platforms that offer better support. I'm sure you can't afford to miss out on donations 🙂

Me: I'm Paul, a SQSP user for >18 yrs & Circle Leader since 2017. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: Founder of SF.DIGITAL. We provide high quality original extensions to supercharge your Squarespace website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to my own SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is completely free. You can thank me by selecting a feedback emoji. Buying a coffee is generous but optional.

• 1 year later...
Posted (edited)
On 5/18/2023 at 10:19 PM, paul2009 said:

The form loads correctly for me and I cannot see any errors or warnings that would indicate an issue with your site. That said, the the performance of the donation form is poor. It took up to 3 seconds to load on a fast (gigabit) connection and up to 8 seconds on a mobile 4G connection.

As I couldn't reproduce the issue, I don't have any bright ideas. My only advice is to look at alternative donation platforms that offer better support. I'm sure you can't afford to miss out on donations 🙂

Hi Paul, 

I was hoping for some assistance. 

The website is crashing on iphone users sadly.

https://www.laf-uk.com/

As we needed the eventbrite code to work, our website has ajax loading disabled. 
Do u think that's why it's crashing on iphones? 

It has some css code as well for for displaying events in grid format too.

Any help is appreciated!

Thanks!

Edited by Naoms