Introduction and some questions about a site

Hi,

I have used Cargo, Wordpress and Smugmug  – but my main portfolio site is with Squarespace. I have given other photographer/ artists help with small tasks, as well as feedback and advice. But I was recently asked to do another photographer's whole new site for him. I've not used this new 7.1 version before, and found it a bit frustrating to be honest (I won't be updating my own on 7 for a while!)

I wondered where the best place to ask for feedback is? I have a few niggly things that need sorting out and would appreciate some guidance from more experienced people. 

I'd like to give the menu drop down on the phone only a coloured background as the page content interferes with the menu items when open.

My client wanted a special mouse icon which I included but have taken it off for now, as it was really unreliable and hard to click on some links. But I suspect he'll prefer to have one, if possible. I found the code for it online but wondered if there was a more reliable code anyone knows of. 

I also think the main body font is a tad too large. 

And I would also appreciate some general comments. 

If it's OK to share the site here - please, https://www.arunmisraphotography.com/ is the site and for the moment it has a password Elephant. 

Hey there!

I am a former artist turned web developer. Because of my background, I seem to naturally attract a lot of clients in the creative spaces. They can be so fun! Often more willing to push the boundaries and norms. 

I took a peek at your site. Great work! I like the use of that bright pink in the title and I like the super minimal nav on the right. I might suggest aligning the search bar with something else on the page (either pushing further left to align with the title, or pushing further right to align with the photo. And if it were me I might remove the border box, and have the search bar be a singular pink line. I also wonder, on an artist's page what someone might search for, is a visitor likely to know his works by name? Lastly, I might add in a small accent shape (even a dash or line or dot) that would sort of brighten up the simplicity of the pages. 

Great work 👏  👏 👏 

I think the site looks clean and elegant, my 2 cents

- The word "Click on the image for the full interview" repeats a bit too much for me, my suggestion is place the instruction on the top or in bottom of the images as captions instead of the paragraphimage.thumb.png.5bc56949f06d48dd226c3b2f02260594.png

- I viewed this page on desktop and I feel like there is seems too much spaces on left and right

image.thumb.png.1545b95d21e885450a21c9cf53c32049.png

BeyondSpace - Squarespace Website Developer

🖼️ Lightbox Studio (Enable Pinch/Zoom on lightbox)
🗓️ Delivery Date Picker (Squarespace Date picker form field)
💫 Gallery block 7.1 workaround
🥳 Sparkplugin Customisations Browsers (Browse +100 Spark plugin customisations)
🥳 Elfsight Template Browsers (Browse +1000 Elfsight widget Templates)

If you find my answer useful, let's leave a like or upvote so others with the same issue can find their solution. Thank you!

Squarespace Webinars

Free online sessions where you’ll learn the basics and refine your Squarespace skills.

Hire a Designer

Stand out online with the help of an experienced designer or developer.