How to Add Form Emails to Email Campaign Mailing List

Had the same issue. You can save Squarespace forms to Mailchimp but not Squarespace itself, which makes no sense. There doesn't seem to be a way to, for example, add a checkbox to a form that is the user's consent to join a Squarespace mailing list.

You can redirect the user after submitting the form to a newsletter sign up page, but abandonment makes that effectively useless. You could also save the form responses to a Google doc and periodically import the email addresses, but that's an enormous pain, especially if you want any automated messaging to go out on a timely basis.

Nor is the API helpful. You only have the option to GET, and then only if you are using profiles. You can't POST anything other than order and product updates. Otherwise we could add subscribers on form submission very easily with a Zap.

(TBH we're not the biggest fans of Squarespace's email marketing tool, but to be fair, it is nice for very simple use cases.)

• 1 month later...

Hi @FullCircleDesigns and @qosmic, may I ask what you did here or if you found a solution?

I'm trying to do something similar where any form submissions get added to my Squarespace mailing list so an automation can be triggered - but I'm not having any success. 

I thought even if I set the storage to Google Drive and then set up a Zap adding the details into SS it would work, but there doesn't seem to be a Zap for that. 

I'm thinking I may just need to set up my lists in Mailchimp, but that doesn't make sense if I'm wanting to house everything under Squarespace. 

Thanks 🙂

We've implemented a number of solutions for our clients, most of whom use a 3rd party application to manage their contacts and customers, typically a CRM. In our opinion, Squarespace's mailing list is really only useful for ecommerce companies with limited needs.

Hey @danabrigman,

I couldn't find an easy solution for this and in the end my client decided to use Mailchimp to manage their lists and customers. 

I did try setting up a Zap, but there wasn't a simple one step available to add people into the SS mailing list. Annoying, as I would have loved to be able to manage everything from SS. 

I'm not sure if more complex automations would make this possible, but I didn't have the resources for this particular project to look further into it. 

• 3 weeks later...