Site Revamp to a new template

Hi!

I am relaunching my website with a new design and concept in June. Currently, I have a website - "A" in the screenshot below and it is set up with an old template/renews annually.

I set up a new template in hopes to refresh the design and look but it is now a completely separate site ("B" in the screenshot) and says the trial is set to expire next week.

My questions:

• Is there a way for me to keep my old "A" design active while I revamp the new design and then swap it over to "B"?
  • Do I need to purchase an additional domain? (I hope not. I want to drive customers to my domain that they have used.)
    • Example: if my website was examplesite.com and it is connected to my old site template "A", am I able to connect it to my updated site "B" once it's ready to be published/released?

Thank you for any insight/help! 

Screenshot 2023-04-07 at 5.46.58 PM.png

In Squarespace terms, those are two distinct sites. They cannot both point to the same domain.

However, if I understand correctly, you don't need the second site. Build your new site as unlinked pages in Design A.

For example, if your main page is called Home, create a new page called Home-New. Under settings, mark it as inactive so it's not visible to the world (or password-protect it).

Once the new design is ready, simply rename Home to Home-Old, rename Home-New to Home and mark it as your home page.

Do the same for whatever other pages need to change.

Your domain will be unaffected.

Thank you! Makes total sense. When I try to adjust colors and fonts in unlinked pages - they change the current website that is live. 

I want there to be a page in the old style/logo/colors that says 'sign up for updates'. This is currently live.

At the same time, I want to be able to refresh colors/fonts/site styles without it being public. All for the same website.

Is that possible?