Hi everyone, not sure where to post this. I set my website up initially back in 2017 with Squarespace but because of the pandemic, needed to keep cost down by moving to Wix. I've only just decided to start the website back up and to move back to the better version provided by Squarespace. I have transferred the domain back from Wix and it is showing as approved and active, however, when I try to visit my actual domain (ettdofficial.com), it reverts to the Wix error page. Is there anything I'm missing, or do I now need to get in touch with Wix about this? I have been onto Wix and removed the website from that domain and it isn't showing as one of theirs anymore.

Thank you!

• Replies 3
  • Views 529
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm having a domain issue as well. 

I have a domain on Network Solutions and I want to connect it to Squarespace so I can use the domain with my email list. (For a reply email.) I want to avoid spam returns, that's why I'm doing this. 

I try to follow the instructions for entering in the codes. They have codes for the fields,

Record Type

Alias or Host Name

Points to: 

But Network Solutions has: 

Type 

Refers to 

Points to 

And it won't let me add any record. 

When I contacted help they asked: 

What is your UNIQUE CODE? 

When I asked what that is, they said; 

Points to: Copy and paste the unique code in the third Data row of your Campaigns settings. Please ask [Squarespace] what does this mean? 

But I can't find the third Data row of my Campaigns settings. That doesn't make sense to me. 

I'm in despair. I can't reach anyone at Squarespace. This is my only hope. And I don't have time to chase around. 

Message Us

Messenger is opened
13 hours ago, ArtKleiner said:

I have a domain on Network Solutions and I want to connect it to Squarespace so I can use the domain with my email list.

After you've verified your email address by entering the numeric code, you'll need to verify the domain. To so this, go to Marketing > Email CampaignsEmail Campaign Settings > Sender Details. Here you'll see the DNS records that you need to add to your DNS host. You'll need to add a CNAME and a TXT record, as shown below:

image.thumb.png.51e3039d671cee29ce3a08d939d95b8e.png

A 'COPY' link will appear when you hover over these records to make it easy to copy and paste the required information. When you have created the two records you can click 'AUTHENTICATE DOMAIN' to confirm they are correct. If they are, you'll see a success message.

For more detailed guidance, see the support article entitled Verifying third-party domains for Email Campaigns.

As an aside, if you read any outdated guidance, it may have referred to an SPF record, but this is no longer required for Email Campaigns.

I hope this helps.

Did this help? Please give feedback by clicking an icon below  ⬇️

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.