Robots.txt file

• 4 months later...

@machinefriendly I logged a support ticket yesterday about this too as OpenAI now have this 

https://platform.openai.com/docs/gptbot/disallowing-gptbot

Disallowing GPTBot
To disallow GPTBot to access your site you can add the GPTBot to your site’s robots.txt:

User-agent: GPTBot
Disallow: /

However Squarespace said 

Hi <>,

Thanks for reaching out. My name is <> and I'm glad to help you out today!

We don't currently offer that feature, but I've sent your suggestion to our development team on your behalf. While we can't guarantee implementation of every suggestion, customer feedback is an important part of how we continue to improve our platform, so we appreciate your input.

I was thinking of opening a poll here to see how many people see this as an important feature for SquareSpace to implement ASAP. 

Edited by patrickdot

This is extremely important to me and unfortunately in my interactions with the support chat, they seem woefully unaware of the issue. I kept being asked if I was concerned about my site map (?). Disallowing access to my content for GPTBot is a simple flag, as you point out, and yet being unable to edit Robots.txt forces all Squarespace customers to consent to the theft of their work. As a worker in the creative industries, I can't use a service that would so nakedly position itself against my interests. If this is not resolved, I will be moving.

Folks. SS does not listen here. Please see item seven on the forum guidelines.

Please Contact Customer Support with your feature requests.

Edited by creedon

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as the best ( solution ), and see my profile. Thanks for your support! I am a Squarespace ( and other technological things ) consultant open for new projects.

• 2 months later...