Help removing "Authenticate to view order details" on checkout page

• 2 months later...

This is the Order Status page that was added to Squarespace on 7 February 2023. It replaced the original Order Confirmation page and provides far more detail to customers. Can you explain the issue that you are experiencing and why it is a problem?

Me: I'm Paul, a SQSP user for >18 yrs & Circle Leader since 2017. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: Founder of SF.DIGITAL. We provide high quality original extensions to supercharge your Squarespace website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to my own SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is completely free. You can thank me by selecting a feedback emoji. Buying a coffee is generous but optional.

Would you like your customers to be able to mark their favourite products in your Squarespace store?

Hello! The problem I am having is that when the customer enters their email and the confirmation code, nothing happens. I've tried it myself and also get a non-response. 

In addition (that is, on a non-technical level), it seems inherently confusing. if a customer has JUST placed the order, why would they need details? Wouldn't this be more useful to access at some later point? But by then, the window would have been closed by the user, and they would have moved on. As soon as a customer submits the order, the window with this authenticate option appears. It implies that there is something that has to be done, vs something that could be done. In order to use the window, the customer has to toggle out to their email, find the confirmation code that comes with the auto acknowledgement of the order, and return to this window to enter the confirmation code. But if they've JUST placed the order, why do they need the details? And if they want to find the details later, this window is gone, because it would have been closed. I'm genuinely flummoxed. Insight?

11 minutes ago, Lesley said:

The problem I am having is that when the customer enters their email and the confirmation code, nothing happens.

I tested this (with another site) and it worked for me, but if this isn't your experience (or your customer's experience!) then I recommend that you reach out to Squarespace Customer Care with the order details. 

14 minutes ago, Lesley said:

In addition (that is, on a non-technical level), it seems inherently confusing. if a customer has JUST placed the order, why would they need details? It implies that there is something that has to be done, vs something that could be done. Insight?

You're right! If a customer has just placed an order they shouldn't need these details and they won't be prompted for them. They should only be prompted for them if they click the link in the confirmation email after it arrives.

When the page appears immediately after checkout, customers should see this:

image.thumb.png.83846fb512f894f23ba6d9ed2e20bc94.png    

It should show the contact details and shipping address, and there should also be an option to create an account (if they didn't create one on the previous page). It shouldn't prompt for information.

The prompt to authenticate should only appear if the customer opens the Order Status page at another time, to view the up-to-date status of the order. For example, they'll receive a link to the Order Status page in their order confirmation email and may click this shortly after it arrives. If they click on this link, they will be prompted to provide their email address and confirmation code, or create an account.

image.thumb.png.18fa3687bb5b4048821880388cdd0d82.png

I hope this helps to explain what should happen. As I mentioned above, if this isn't what you are experiencing then I recommend that you reach out to Squarespace Customer Care. Let us know how you get on.

Did this help? Please give feedback by clicking an icon below  ⬇️

Me: I'm Paul, a SQSP user for >18 yrs & Circle Leader since 2017. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: Founder of SF.DIGITAL. We provide high quality original extensions to supercharge your Squarespace website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to my own SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is completely free. You can thank me by selecting a feedback emoji. Buying a coffee is generous but optional.

Would you like your customers to be able to mark their favourite products in your Squarespace store?