Sold Out badge in 7.1

Go to solution Solved by creedon,

I have updated my cited code in yesterday's post.

A massive update which uses LESS syntax. The code still uses relatively simple variables to configure the badge. LESS with its simple programming like logic can take those variables and do things with them that just aren't possible with plain CSS.

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as the best ( solution ), and see my profile. Thanks for your support! I am a Squarespace ( and other technological things ) consultant open for new projects.

• 2 months later...
  • 8 months later...

Hi @creedon

I just found your code for the floating circle sold out badge that we used to have on 7.0. Fantastic! I build websites for artists and they are always asking for this so it's similar to their galleries' badges. 

It works brilliantly on the products home page but for some reason its removing the Sold Out label over on the actual product page. Is there a way of resolving this please?

The products aren't live yet on the site but you can view the issue here: https://atmospheric-landscape-cawa01.squarespace.com/config/pages/659e8b4a31b75566a34a5100

products home page.png

product page.png

Way back when we were all on 7.0 we could customise the Out of Stock label to a circle floating on the product thumb. I build many websites for artists who always ask if they can have a sticker over their thumbnail similar to what a gallery has. It is no longer available of 7.1 and wonder if anyone can help me with CSS that works both for the product list page and doesn't remove Out of Stock from the Product detail page.

So far I have found a brilliant solution from @creedon which works on the product list page but this seems to delete Out of Stock entirely from the product detail page which is important to retain for customer clarity. You can find it here:

https://github.com/tomsWebConsulting/twcsl/blob/main/v7.1/Store Product List Out of Stock Badge/store product list out of stock badge.less#L1

Can anyone help me with this please?

The site I am currently trying to add this to is https://atmospheric-landscape-cawa01.squarespace.com/config/pages/659e8b4a31b75566a34a5100 (hidden from public view). Here are a couple of screen shots to illustrate where I have got to.

Thanks all!

products home page.png

product page.png

6 hours ago, rosieames said:

It works brilliantly on the products home page but for some reason its removing the Sold Out label over on the actual product page. Is there a way of resolving this please?

I'm looking into this issue now.

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as the best ( solution ), and see my profile. Thanks for your support! I am a Squarespace ( and other technological things ) consultant open for new projects.