phpBB on old site

My existing website has a phpBB Forums added to it on Hostgator. I just finished building and buying a site here on Squarespace. I am wondering what options I have to continue to use our forums? Can it somehow be moved here? If not, after I move my Domain name to square space, can I still use the Forums on the other Host just by linking?

Thank you in advance!!! I am ready to go live here but I am very worried to break the link to the forums etc.

• Replies 2
  • Views 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can create a subdomain (something like this: forum.sklement.com) then connect this sub with your HostGator Hosting.

If you buy domain at HostGator, you can keep domain here, just connect domain with Squarespace, no need to move (Transfer) domain to Squarespace.  (and create sub domain at HostGator)

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Buy me a coffee (thank you!)

• 2 months later...

Hi all,

I had the same problem a few months ago and I used a sub-domain which worked perfectly.  Now though, I'm paying for hosting twice, even though the forum is tiny and doesn't need much power to run.

So... is there a way the forum can be hosted by SquareSpace too?... Where is THIS forum hosted I wonder?