Taking deposits

I'm working on a new site that will offer paid photography workshops. I want to be able to take deposits against the full cost of the workshop, and maybe payment in instalments but this doesn't appear to be possible from reading older posts here. Has anything changed recently or has anyone any suggestions for a workaround?

Thanks in advance

Vinnie

• Replies 3
  • Views 930
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, vinniemac said:

I want to be able to take deposits against the full cost of the workshop, and maybe payment in instalments but this doesn't appear to be possible from reading older posts here.

The solution will depend on your detailed requirements, but Squarespace have a number of solutions that may help.

• Have you looked at Scheduling for these workshops? In Scheduling, you can require a deposit at booking and then valut their card to take the remaining payment later.
  • If the course is sold as a membership product, members can pay the entire cost in a one-time payment, or in multiple weekly or monthly installments. Member areas may not seem like an obvious solution for booking workshops, but it can offer a good way to share follow-up information to workshop participants.

As I say, these may or may not work for you in your situation. For completeness, I should probably mention that Afterpay (Clearpay in the UK) cannot be used for workshops.

Did this help? Please give feedback by clicking an icon below  ⬇️

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

Thanks Paul, but I'd prefer not to have to take on additional subscription costs for what is a very basic need. I guess I could always just take the deposit via Squarespece and then invoice the balance from Stripe, but that seems a messy solution.

At this time, the best on-platform workaround I can suggest is to offer a 'deposit' service product and a 'balance' service product.

Did this help? Please give feedback by clicking an icon below  ⬇️

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.