Form button not working on mobile (working fine on desktop)

Go to solution Solved by LonGrace,

I have one form on my website where the form submit button is not working on mobile only (working fine on desktop; and other forms on the site are working correctly on both desktop and mobile).

I removed all design coding to check whether this was a coding issue, but it still would not work even with all custom code removed.

The button is simply not 'clickable' on mobile, ie, when hovering over it there is no option to click.

Is anyone else experiencing this issue, and are there any suggestions on how to fix this?

• Replies 3
  • Views 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Solution

All fixed.  The problem was a code block was sitting in front of the form submit button. I simply sent the code block to behind the form block and it is working just fine now. 

Such a simple fix but I was thoroughly bamboozled.

Hopefully this helps anyone else who finds themselves in the same pickle.

Thanks to the Squarespace help team member for telling me how to fix this. 

• 2 months later...

I'm having the same issue with a button that's supposed to lead to my contact page. It works totally fine on desktop, but when I try to click on it on mobile, nothing happens. It only works if I press and hold, then click "Open in New Tab."

I know you mentioned sending the code block to behind the form block but I'm not very code-savvy. Can you walk me through how you did this?

Edit: Nevermind - I refreshed the page a couple times and now it magically works!

Edited by bevxwong
  • 8 months later...

I am having a similar issue. My site's connect form on mobile is not clickable. It works perfectly on desktop. When you click on the form fields (name, email, message), nothing happens. This happens on each browser I tried (Chrome, Safari, Firefox). I contacted Squarespace help center and they said they can't replicate the issue so they can't help. However, all the people I've asked to test the site on mobile have the same issue with the fields. Not sure why the help center doesn't have the same problem. Any thoughts on what to do to fix this?