Zapier no longer fires on new order status page

Hi. Can anyone help? I had Zapier code on the Order Confirmation page - fired after purchase to put the user's email in the correct Mailchimp group so they would receive the correct login details for their particular course purchase.

Squarespace instructed to migrate this code to the new order status page as it's replacing the confirmation page and the zaps no longer fire. Any thoughts as to why and how to go about troubleshooting this? They're on the page, but no longer do anything.

Screenshot 2023-02-17 at 16.24.29.png

On 2/17/2023 at 4:53 PM, kellyhutsbydesigns said:

Squarespace instructed to migrate this code to the new order status page as it's replacing the confirmation page and the zaps no longer fire.

At first sight, I can see that your relies on jQuery. On the Order Status Page, header and footer injections don't load (this is a change to the Order Confirmation Page) so you'll probably need to load this library from the footer within the Order Status Page panel if you want the code to run. There may be other things to check.

Note: This new post checkout functionality is brand new and so further changes are highly likely over the next few weeks. This could mean that the header code injection is loaded in future.

Did this help? Please give feedback by clicking an icon below  ⬇️

Edited by paul2009
edited for clarity

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Paul, thanks for taking the time to answer. You're spot on that a header doesn't load so it makes total sense that it's not working. However, I added the Jquery to the footer code and it's still not firing the zaps.

I can see the code on the Order Status page, but - as you pointed out - there's no footer as such, the code injection is loading in the page body but it's after the section labelled js-visible, so am I right to surmise that that the footer injection isn't visible and that's why it's not working? 

Is there any way we can force that script higher up the page? And would it make a difference? Or is it just a site-tight and wait and see what happens with the Order status page as it potentially changes over the coming weeks?

34 minutes ago, kellyhutsbydesigns said:

I added the Jquery to the footer code and it's still not firing the zaps.

OK. I see you've fixed this issue but there are others that I couldn't see easily when I looked at your screenshot from a small device previously. 

Now I'm at a desk, I can see that script hasn't been modified yet. For it to work with the Order Status page, you'll need to make a number of small tweaks as the markup of this page is completely different to the previous page, with new classes, new IDs and a different structure.

For example, to get you started, the second line of script is looking for the element with the ID #email on the Order Confirmation page. On the Order Status page, this element has the ID #customer-email-address so you'll need to look for this instead. As I said, this will be the first of many small tweaks 🙂.

Did this help? Please give feedback by clicking an icon below  ⬇️

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.