Adding a comment box on a page, not a blog.

Go to solution Solved by creedon,

Hello all,

I was hoping to add a comment box on a section of my photography page. I keep searching for information on how to do this, but it only turns up information about blog posts. Are you only able to use comment boxes for blog pages, and nothing else? Seems like an odd restriction. 

• Solution

Yes comments are only for blog posts. SS could of course add comments anywhere but I assume that blog pages are the most common use case for comments and the numbers of users who would want that feature outside of a blog context just aren't there.

You can of course use an outside provider for a comment feature.

Disqus has been a long time provider of such a service. Now keep in mind that this may not be plug-and-play. You may have to work out how to integrate it into an SS site for your particular use case.

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as the best ( solution ), and see my profile. Thanks for your support! I am a Squarespace ( and other technological things ) consultant open for new projects.

• 1 year later...

This is not good news.  And the reason why this is not is blog post are stuck on 7.0.  It does not have the flair not capability to do what fluid engine does.  I cannot add full bleeds images, I can't change grid spacing and in the end, you end up looking like every other blog and yes, there are css customization but my god, I can't keep up with all the css that I have to add just to say remove the extra paragraph space, or I have to visit the inspector for every minor thing and then only to have SS update and have to start all over again.  I still believe I made a very very poor decision when coming to SS but it's one I have to live with now.  I still appreciate the help that people have given me but I need to do better in life.  I just needed to vent.  

4 hours ago, MoeCritiques said:

This is not good news.

I'm a member like yourself so my post is only an opinion. I think a site-wide comment or even a discussion forum feature would be grand.

What folks need to do is contact customer support with a feature request as that is the only official way SS takes on board this kind of info.

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as the best ( solution ), and see my profile. Thanks for your support! I am a Squarespace ( and other technological things ) consultant open for new projects.

And honestly mine is just an opinion as well.  I'm sure there are plenty of SS users who are able to enjoy it as is but you are right @creedon, these do need to go to customer support.  I'm going to compile my little list and give it a whirl.  And thanks for all your post and codes.  People like you are much appreciated.  Have a great day.

• 1 month later...

With courses now available it would be nice to comments after chapters. Meny of the chapters are videos and people lke to comment after watching a video. If you creat it for blogs seems easy to create for other uses??